Doc and Lynn's ProCat 240

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Doctor, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Larry, Josh and myself took the boat out today and strolled across CJ Brown lake,the Tempress captain chairs are very comfortable going to like this boat, responds well to the throttle comes out of the hole like a rocket handles waves with no issues at all, smooth as silk, love the 4 stroke Suzuki, this 175 has a ton of power, turned the 14.5 X 27 prop with no issues, putting out a 20 foot tall rooster tale about 40 foot behind the boat, Larry said looked like a Bass boat the way it pushes the water out behind it, tried out the Motor guide wireless trolling motor and it is sweet, if forced to drift I like to control it from the back of the boat that's why I got the wireless. Here are a few pictures of the boat, I'll shoot more as the weekend progresses, hopefully in the next few weeks I can get the Electronics and rod holders mounted onto this beast, I'm anxious to get it on the Ohio River and get some Blue Cat slime on it.................Doc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Doc-
    That is one sweet looking boat.

3. Doc, that looks sweeet!!, Im eager to hear how you like it as time passes, I like the alluminum bottom but wonder where all the storage is in it?? A cat guy needs more stuff them he will ever need in a lifetime.....Cant wait to see it in person and check it out, Sea Arks are 2nd to none, looks like a great boat!

Salmonid

4. Great looking rig. Enjoy!:)

5. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Dads new boat is very nice. Like he said it handles really well and the quietness of the 4 stroke is very nice. Can't wait to get out in it in less than perfect conditions to see how it does. I was definetly impressed.

Larry

6. Looks like a nice boat you got there Doc. Looks like alot of rodholders can go on that thing for drifting . Bring it to the river and jump barge wakes for some testing ;) Thats one of the roughest rides i know of around here.:C Enjoy it.

7. One sweet rig....the chairs even have arm rests on them...lol

8. nice looking boat doc..i'll bet that thing will fly with a 175 on it

9. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Are you sure? That sounds really steep for a 175.

UFM82

10. Doctor

Here you go Craig, it has a 2.5 gearbox,5500-6100 FTOR I got the Lowrance hooked up today on it so I may take it out on the lake to see what I get out of it on the GPS tomorrow, dealership tried a 21,23,25, all hit the over rev limit which is set at 6400 10 seconds of overlimit and the engine shuts down to 3000 rpm, sent me home with the 27 wheel and he got it around 5800-5900, engine is in the second hole from the top do the math and let me know they told me these things can turn up to a 16 inch wheel.............Doc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Nice rig. Must really haul a##.

12. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Suzuki have a much different gearcase than all other motor's some guys have them on Ranger's like mine and they run completely different wheels than what they rude's, yammy's and merc's have.

13. Doctor

Got the Lowrance and Humminbird installed yesterday, the windshield is real tall on this boat so I'm able to see right over top of the two units, the dash is all plastic so I bolted the Lowrance to the side helm which is all aluminum and the Bird is right on top of the dash.
    [​IMG]

Took the boat out on the lake to see if I lose the transducer signals on both units and they preformed well, better than my old boat.

Craig is correct this prop is too big for this boat, although it has a awesome hole shot I can only get the Suzuki to peak out at 5500 RPM's it needs to be between 5500 and 6100 RPM's my top end speed is getting scrubbed off, I'm shooting for 6000 rpm's and that is with a full tank of fuel in the boat, per Suzuki I need to get it at 6000 with a fuel tank and an empty boat, they are sending another prop next week, 24 footer seems to be a bit nose heavy but is real smooth when you get it going
    .....Doc

14. what kind of speed were you getting with the 27 pitch?

15. Doctor

John,

42.3 mph GPS

16. Sweet looking boat! What is the length?

17. Doctor

24 Foot in Length..........Doc

18. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Nice boat Doc. Not on the internet much anymore but checked your site out tonight and saw the new boat....NICE. Your website's still looking great....and all the Lange's seem to be represented well in various catfish tourneys. All the best to y'all in the 2009 season.

Came by here to see who might still be around that I recognized...nice to see a few around. Good fishing all...hope to be by a bit more often.

19. Doctor

Bob,
    how have you been Man, the last time I saw you was when we rescued that Hadley guy on the Ohio River, I still have nightmares about that day one very lucky guy, as cold as it was sure glad he was breathing when we pulled him on board, keep in touch................Doc