close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Walter Adkins, Apr 11, 2005.

1. I was wondering if any of you sight fish for carp in streams?
    I came across several carp while bass fishing in the LMR yesterday. I would think that it would be a blast. The size of carp compared to the obsticales would make landing them pretty hard.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

if i see them showing themselves and i can sneak up on them..i would try for it.. but my clumsy butt prolly would scare the fish away anyways..lol

3. I don't fish streams very often, but last year at Twin Creek, I found a hole loaded with a dozen small carp - maybe only one of them was over 5 lbs. I chummed the surface with bread and managed to catch two or three off of the top. It's a lot of fun to see them come up and take your bait.

4. there was a show on infishermen years ago and they did just that real tricky tho had to cast way past them and hopd they stayed there long enough to work the bait up slowly they where puting on very small baits too less noise and faster to eat i guess

5. I see several every time I am out. Now I do not see any monsters but I see plenty over 20" and a few that would be over 30". I also noticed that they are easly spooked, more so than most fish. I am going to try and bass fish a river that I know has plenty in it Wednesday. I will take along some bait and see what happens.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Stalking carp is something i'll be doing this year when its hot and miserable...nothing better on a hot day than jumping in the stream and catching fish.

I also will be float fishing for carp too with light tackle...i know tons of areas that contain loads of smaller carp...should be a blast.

Scott