close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you?

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Walter Adkins, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Any of you fish for trout in West Virginia? I am planning on heading down to our cabin soon and just wondering if anyone had any ideas for fly patterns.

2. When I was a kid we used to go to a cabin that a family member had that was by Elkins. I think its called the East Fork river that we fished. It was a mile or so hike from the cabin along a small stream and we would catch trout in the small stream as well as some in the river. The river was great for smallies too. This was in the National Forrest but I forget what it was called. We used small spinners and things like that so I cant help much with fly patterns. I do know its beautiful down there!

3. Be sure to check out www.wvangler.com, Im a semi regular on that board and there are lots of Fly guys on that board, I often hit the Cranberry ( near Richwood) and a few surrounding streams. I love the area!!

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you did down there,

Salmonid

4. Thanks for the site Salmonid. My family's cabin is just 30 minutes from there over toward Marlington and two miles off of the Greenbrier. We still need to hook up soon for some smallies around here.