close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you take your cell phone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Do you take your cell phone while wading, kayaking, etc. in the river? Mine has a digital camera on it that I would like to use, but I'm afraid of dropping it in the water. I am missing out on some cool pics because of this. I figured I could put it in a zip lock bag, but I don't know how effective that would be if I fell in. Same thing with my digital camera, which is bigger. I'm kind of gunshy because I dropped my cell in the minnow bucket on a boat a few years ago...luckily I worked at a cell phone place at the time and could replace it for a minimal charge. But those days are gone now.

2. I always got mine with me. Usually loose 1 per year in the drink, but thats why they offer insurance :cool:

3. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

I do take mine as well .... have full replacement coverage on it! Learned that lesson the hard way after dropping one while wading...

4. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Dumped my cell phone AND digital camera in the Grand River last winter...I'm looking into a waterproof bag/box for this year of wading

5. Try the Aquapac waterproof camera bag. Most of my bass pics on this site were taken with the camera in the bag. I've filled my kayak twice this year, and without the camera bag I would have had to buy two cameras.

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Knox lake has one of mine...thank goodness for insureance

7. I just dropped mine in the scioto 2 weeks ago wading. (couldn't have been in for more than a second) let it dry, and it still works. Mine takes pictures also,I still have my first smallmouth and walleye of the year saved on my phone.

8. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Stupid me didn't take it off my belt before tossing the castnet and ZIIIING- off it went into the drink.

Oh well, it's a company phone. Hopefully I won't get burnt too bad for it. I take it with me everytime out though- it sure is comforting to know I can call someone if I get into trouble on the river. I figure that if I break down, run out of gas, etc, the first payphone I would see would be in Louisville. :eek:

UFM82

9. catking

catking Banned

UFM left out one important thing. He calls DA KING !!! for tips also, while out on the river ;) Just called the other night about what to use if fishin for drum. Look at the Ohio River Forums for his results :cool: .DA KING !!! :D

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Archman

Most of the spots I fish don't get cell phone service.
    Shoot some of them rarely get service on the party lines!

I don't think I would enjoy any noises not coming from flatheads or other critters anyways.

I might could live without the call of the blue heron at night :eek:

Or an amishmens donkey near one of my spots :eek:

I really think the cell phones are too fragile to be of any use on a typical flathead adventure. Part of the fun of getting in emergencies is getting out of them :confused:

Who needs telephones if you got whip or wills or clickers clicking?

At least my bait dealers are on speed dial and the phone is in the truck :D

11. If I take them with me and there is any possibility of my camera or cell phone getting wet, I will put them in a heavy duty Ziplock freezer bag. Either squeeze the air out to save room, or leave as much air in there and it will float.

12. Never dropped my phone in the water but did drop it into my full coffee cup in my car. :eek: :D :D