close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you have what it takes on the BBQ

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by atrkyhntr, Jul 29, 2004.

1. If we held a contest on the BBQ Grill what would you cook (recipie) to win?

Mine would be ribs...

Sauce:
    1/2 c. molasses
    1/2 c. prepared mustard
    1/2 c. vinegar
    1 c. orange marmalade
    1 c. chili sauce
    2 c. tomato paste
    2 c. minced onions
    1 c. minced grn peppers
    Mix everything then simmer till reduced by 1/2
    Chill when done and use chilled

Take 3 racks of ribs clean off excess fat (DO NOT BOIL) :rolleyes:
    Then make a dry rub:

5 tbsp. paprika
    5 tbsp. light brown sugar
    5 tbsp. salt
    3 tsp. ground red pepper
    3 tsp. dry mustard
    3 bay leaf
    Combine ingredients in blender or food processor . Combine until bay leaf is gone from view, its done now.

Rub your ribs on both sides, well... Store over night in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap.

Take Mesquite wood chunks and place in water to soak over night.

Remove ribs and let warm to room temp, about 1 1/2 hrs.
    Start your grill, charcoal is best, move coals to one side and place ribs on the other. Place soaked wood on the coals to produce the smoke you will need for to flavor your ribs. Cook like this for 2-3 hrs till ribs are tender and add more started coals and wood when needed. Try to keep temp around 375 if possible.
    When ribs are done coat with homemade sauce and turn often so that the sauce carmalizes but does not burn.

All done ENJOY :D

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

well I'd likely lose, but I'd fix my famous brined smoked turkey breast that has too many steps and incredients to list here now!

3. I like the idea....An OGF contest in the making ??????? :) :)

I'd likely win with my smoke cured steelhead trout.....tastes like candy ;) :)

4. catking

catking Banned

bigjohn513's home made BBQ sauce on his hawg roast would be hard to top ;) He will make up a bunch at the Erie outing Sept 25&26th. Thanks for sharing your recipe ;) THE CATKING !!!

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'm not much with the BBQ, but I would join a wild game jerky making contest

6. i will gladly offer my expert tasting capabilitys to be a judge :D :D :D

7. I love to cook but have no favorite recipes due to I throw it all in but the kitchen sink........................ :D ..................Rich