Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the success that we all witnessed with this last weekend, do we dare do it again yet this year? June, or July maybe? Fishing will still be hot, and the weather should be just as good. If the interest is there, who steps up to take control? Het did a great job, as did all those who pitched in, so can it be better, and bigger with maybe a small fee tourny?? I'm just throwing out some ideas here, because there isn't a better time in my book than fishing, eating and B.S.'ing with fella's like yourselves. Well, what do all think?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
well it it gets set up captain . Will you need a frist mate ?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
sounds Great..

Capt. Kev.. send me PM with your Email so i can order a fe of them spoons you were show casing on Sat. Nite..

Frank

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishon I sent my e-mail addy. Where would we like to stage another event? Same place, farther East say around the Catawba, or maybe even Huron area? Let's start this stuff rolling. Maybe even add something to it like an evening swap meet, live music, stripper's, Het in a g-string (bad visual):D Throw out some ideas, and let's get something started.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Huron would be cool, I wouldn't have to go very far !:D Plenty of transient slips at the Boat Basin.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Sounds good to me, except the part about me in a banana hammock.

We could do the Plantation Motel. They have plenty of cheap rooms with ample parking, and they should be close to the action by that time.

Count me in, whatever we decide.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Huron would be fine, I wouldn't mind trying something different. I haven't been out there before.
Is there a campground out there that we could stay at?

I can bring a 30 gallon kettle or something like that and we could all bring one item and throw it the kettle and have hobo soup brewing that we could all eat after the day of fishing....just an idea.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
I had such a great time this weekend I'd love to get together with all of you again soon. Farther east? Time will tell. If dates are set, I'll see what I can do to make it. Count me as hopeful. :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Huron would be cool because they lost the Hawgfest this year. This could be an earlier get together. A preHawgfest fest.

I'd be up for it fort sure. I just need some advance warning. So we should decide sooner rather than later. Huron is close to Ruggles and the sandbar, right? So we could hit either one. Should be good for trollers and drifters.

Let's hope the baitstores don't get upset again about the "Hetfield Inn" tournament taking them by surprise. LOL.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
With enough time to plan ahead, I will definitely attend...but I will do it a litle differently this time...I will stay with the party and not elsewhere!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Huron would be fine, I wouldn't mind trying something different. I haven't been out there before.
Is there a campground out there that we could stay at?

I can bring a 30 gallon kettle or something like that and we could all bring one item and throw it the kettle and have hobo soup brewing that we could all eat after the day of fishing....just an idea.
I'd be up for that. I dock at Beaver Park in Lorain and could make the drive to Huron in the evening to meet others.
As for the campground... there used to be a nice campground a mile or two up the Huron River. If memory serves me correctly it used to be called "The Huron River Campground". I'll try to find out if it still exists and what they have. I only stayed there once... many years ago.
Wish I coulda made the Turtle Creek gig! Man, did I miss a great time or what?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I did a search and found Huron River Valley Resort. Here's the link: http://hrvrcamping.com. It might be worth mentioning that this campground is (in my guesstimate) about 3 or 4 miles from the lake by boat. It may be better to trailer to the ramps closer to the lake. As I said in my previous post... I haven't been there in many years but when I did stay there it was quite adequate.
If anyone has questions, I could take a drive up there and check it out in person. Just let me know. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
974 Posts
Count me in if the date you pick is open, the lorian area should be heating up at that time...

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your motor?
Bad Plugs, Bad Fuel Filter, #4 Fuel Injector Clogged...$225 later we got on the lake and still have a clogged injector...hope the cleaners work to clean it...injector alone is $300, plus labor. I think it all boils down to poor maintanence on my part...never again! Thanks for the weekend...it was my pleasure meeting you...wish I had more time to hang out...let's do it again so I can!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
Huron River Campgroud is okay, but the run up the river sucks I grounded my old IO on that river twice, a 4-5 mile cruize on that river is not good at all, tons of shallow spots and the buoys that are marking the spots are ummm to late!. I docked there and rode up and down the river I will never go back due to the river sucking. Vermillion has a place that's better.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts