Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a little talk about these scents, and am very curious as to the effectiveness they have on walleye. Anyone have any stories they'd like to share? any favorite flavors? I'd like to give it a try, but there are so many flavors to choose from. TIA

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes it works. I have used it on only 1 side of the boat, and that was the only side pulling fish. Put it on the other side and started pulling fish on that side. I'm sure Blue Dolphin will put his 2 cents in on this one. He sold me on it. Use the nightcrawler when running spinners and trophy walleye when running cranks. Works on perch too.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,866 Posts
I wont say it doesnt work and ive never noticed a difference in my catch rate while trolling on lake erie for walleye... but I can tell you this.. when I apply it on one of my stingers my whole box STINKS when I put the spoon back in!! STINKS is the magic word.. I don't like it and have thrown all of it away....

·
Banned
818 Posts
Not to hurt anyone's feelings.... But I used it numerous times and never worked for me, have a few selections, tried few never had any luck

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I bought some a few years back. Used it and caught fish, so I thought it was a help. This year was my best year by far catching fish on cranks. I never used it once, totally forgot I had it. Location, speed and depth are what you need to get right. Stuff does stink though, I hated the way my boxes used to smell. If it gives you confidence than use it.

·
Charter Captain
1,211 Posts
Yes it works. I have used it on only 1 side of the boat, and that was the only side pulling fish. Put it on the other side and started pulling fish on that side. I'm sure Blue Dolphin will put his 2 cents in on this one. He sold me on it. Use the nightcrawler when running spinners and trophy walleye when running cranks. Works on perch too.
hes asking about on the lures joe.. everytime i looked over this year u were using it for lip gloss!! i like it for dirty water thats about it.. man does it taste like crap when u throw in a dip with it on your hands

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Like all things it definitely has its time and place. To me in cold muddy water its the real deal.

I went from a sceptic to a believer 3 years ago during the flw at port Clinton. There were maybe 30 boats working starve island on day 1. Most did well and and day 2 there was probably over 100 boats on the same small area. I'm talking tournament boats only plus quite a few locals and charters. The water was muddy and in that muddy water the more procure the better. Imo I would not have jumped from 60 something to 6th overall without it.

I to don't like the slime it leaves all over. I just spray and wioe with wd-40 and a rag. Takes it right off and ahinea the cranks.

I know Gary and Nicholas use it on everything and their record this year speaks for itself.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It works in muddy water cold water you name it. I think what happens to most that don't have success with it is they think that if you use pro cure you can forget about speed depth and color. Its not the cure all of the entire program. But to each there own. I know it works and I know there's a ton more anglers that know it works. But I guess were the lucky ones :). BD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
526 Posts
WD-40 to get the gunk off eh? Never thought about that. I never use procure because its always been a pita to get off the baits. And it stinks up your boxes. Might have to try this sometime. How much do put on? Just a tiny dab, or smear the whole lure?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It works in muddy water cold water you name it. I think what happens to most that don't have success with it is they think that if you use pro cure you can forget about speed depth and color. Its not the cure all of the entire program. But to each there own. I know it works and I know there's a ton more anglers that know it works. But I guess were the lucky ones :). BD

BD,

If I were to try 2 or 3 different flavors of this, which should I start with?

·
~~~~~~~~~
501 Posts

I noticed it werks as a chum also when you spill the whole bottle on the floor of the boat then worsh it out :D

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts

I've seen it night fishing more than a few times. Everything being equal except some lures had procure and some did not... the procured plugs took all the fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts