close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do Not Laminate Your Fishing License

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CAUSEWAYCREW, Mar 4, 2005.

1. This Year The Division Of Wildlife Are Using A New Kind Of Paper For Your Fishing Licenses.This Paper Is Heat Senitive. Do Not Laminate Them Because They Will Turn Totally Black.
    Just A Little Warning. Linda

2. Good info Linda. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. I have always just used strips of clear packing tape to cover and protect licenses. There are also some laminating products that don't use heat that can be bought at office supply stores.

4. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Thanks for the information!

5. I got mine off of the internet. FREE.........Because I am older then dirt....thats why! :eek:

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Good advice thanks, the material they are using is suppose to be water proof and almost indistructable.

7. I get mine on the internet and print it on photo paper. Got it wet allot last year with no problems. Its nice to have the copy option you get from the internet.

8. It sounds (and looks) as though the state is using a thermal printer and thermal paper to print licenses. When using a laminator that utilizes heat to adhere the two pieces of plastic around whatever, that heat could very easily begin to do all kinds of crazy stuff to that thermal paper.

9. Avery and Universal and other office produc manufacturer's make single sheet laminates. Very easy to use, its basically a book you peel back a side cut to fit and there you have it. I use it on everything important that needs to go into my wallet that isn't already water proof.

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

it never fails....my new license is in the washer.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i do this at least 3 times a year.... :eek: :confused:

11. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I can pretty much get all the cold laminates I want for free. Everytime we throw out some seconds at work I grab a box.