Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sure do.

I had some unexpected free time this afternoon. It was hot and the sun was beating down so I did what anybody in their right mind would do.... went to the river, caught some fish, and took pictures of them.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Very nice!

I did the same yesterday….left work early and hit the river. I was a good deal upstream from you catching dink smallies on a clouser. I’m planning on heading downstream sometime this weekend in hopes of finding my first hybrid on a fly. I was catching the smallies bouncing the bottom. Is it the same deal with the hybrids, or do they like it moving?

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Nice looking fish BA, and the LMR is looking pretty nice as well. What weight rod do you use?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice looking fish BA, and the LMR is looking pretty nice as well. What weight rod do you use?
Yeah it was nice to see the lmr back to its old self. I use a 7wt rod. The bigger fish are a blast on it!

Rooster- all of these fish came right out of the fast current.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
we catch 99% of our channel cats all through the hottest part of the day. Yesterday at Indian lake tourney we caught our 1 nice fish at 4:00PM, 8.32 lbs Channels feed way better during lighted hrs but flatheads are the opposite.

Salmonid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts