close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DNR fishing programs for kids?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pacosraiders, Mar 9, 2005.

1. I'm a cub scout den leader and was wondering if DNR has any programs where they'd come out and teach kids how to fish.

Not that I don't know how to fish... just don't have enough gear for all the kids. :)

Thanks in advance for the info!

2. Go to the Ohiodnr web site, I know they have a steping out program which you can obtain grants for kids fishing days, Also they might be able to help you contact the Hooked on fishing program.

I belong to a fishing club and we have kids fishing days every year had have used these sources to help fund our benefit. I have gone to Wal-Mart and they have helped with donations of poles and bait, Contact your local DNR officer every county has one, and they will normally be more than happy to show up at your event with some free bee's for the kids. We have had them show up evey year, an they are very helpful, showing kids things, talking to them about safety, Good luck, :D

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

May 28 at the District 3 office kids ponds my club has a kids tourny. It's free, with free lunch and tons of prizes and trophys. Have each boy bring his own rod and we will supply the bait and help teach them to fish.

4. I would suggest contacting the District One Wildlife Headquarters in Columbus on Dublin Rd @ 614-644-3925 or contact 1-800-wildlife.
    I understand they have had programs in the past but not sure what the status is on the programs now.
    I am a Volunteer Hunter Ed Instructor and am also willing to volunteer time to helping kids learn to fish. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

5. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

6. Thanks for all the info!

Knew you'd get me pointed in right direction!

7. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

I teach school 8th grade science and I have attended the "hooked on fishing..." seminar a couple of years ago. I am going back and retaking the course this year at Findlay. They offer a wealth of information. Exactly what you’re looking for. They tell you how you can borrow rods, fishing videos and even set you up with small free tackle boxes.
    Excellent program.