close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DIY (Do It Yourself) Float Tube Accessories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by choman2673, Feb 19, 2009.

1. choman2673

choman2673 The Bream Reaper

Hey All,

This long cold Ohio winter has had me dreamin' about AEP. I've had a lot of time in the house this winter to think up some cheap ideas to use with my float tube.

FREE float tube anchor: Grab one of the wife's 2 lb. dumbbell & tie a small nylon cord to it. TA DA!!! A nice float tube anchor.

I know there are a lot of float tubers here. What homemade ideas have you come up with for your tube?

2. Instead of a dumbell how about a 6 pack of your favorite brewski tied on the end of a rope.

3. Get a basketball net, tie it together on the bottom (notthe part that connects to the rim). Thread a 50' or so rope thru the other side (where the net is attached to the rim), tying it off on one of the loops and back out thru the same. This net can be filled with rocks when you arrive at the pond instead of carrying extra weight in with you, then emptied as you move between ponds.

4. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

I tried Maggots' idea but started to float anyway after 30 minutes. What's the story here?:)

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Steel Cranium's idea is great. For a less bulky version use a potato or onion sack.
    It won't hold up as well with rocky bottoms, but for silt works just fine.