close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dissapearing posts???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wave warrior, Jun 20, 2007.

1. in the last week alone at least 3-4 of my posts have gone???? these were posts about boat repairs and such...nothing against T.O.S...WHAT GIVES!!! i am slow at typing and to go through the trouble to type a reponse to a member needing help just to have it go away??? if this is due to the so called upgrade send me back to old school as the site before the upgrade seemed to run mush better AND i could post pics!!!

2. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

wave warrior,

I did a search on your posts and see several posts on boat problems (solenoid problem, i/o choke problem). I did not see any post of yours in recent days that had any moderation action. If you can send me any specific examples (subject, time, etc) I can dig further and see if I can find any issue.

Also, it is still possible to post pics. The method is different than before. There are some post out there about posting pics since the upgrade. I'll try to get on later today and post a pic so I can be sure how it works.

Thanks,

Jeff

3. I found 3 different posts you made about an I/O choke problem and another about a solenoid problem. Are these the ones you are referring to? Other than that there should not be any reason that your posts should be getting cleared or deleted or whatever. The next time it happens let one of us moderators know via PM and we will try to help you out.

4. Yeah, what Jeff said.;) :p

You beat me to it.:D

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Guys, I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I never received any notifications concerning my post being deleted, so my post were not bad. I was told that "maybe" I said something wrong. Well, I didn't, and I will stick to my gunns on that! I am glad that I am not the only one this is happening to, now maybe the mods will listen to us. DaleM and Misfit tried to help me on it. But we could not figure out what happened to my post either.

6. As we mentioned the only way we are going to be able to help is to look at the situation in a timely manner. So if anyone has this happen again be sure to PM one of the owners or mods so that we can look at it right away. I don't recall us moderators having any issues with either of your posts (Wave Warrior and Toxic) that would have prompted any moderation from our end.

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

In your best opinion, what do you think could of happened. My biggest fear was someone hacked into my computer and could have did something? I do not know if that is possible or not. I am always signed on OGF. Should I sign of when I am done?

8. Is there a list of Moderators/owners somewhere? Is there a way to find out who the moderators of each forum are? Maybe a sticky at the top with a list of contacts from that forum? I have been in a thread or forum and wondered who to ask about it. Just offering possible solutions.

Huntinbull

9. I am not sure but I thought there used to be a list of moderator(s) on the forum pages but I did not see it right now. I will have to look at that. For now I can tell you that it is basically this list:

BKR43050
    Misfit
    Fish4Fun
    Tee
    Sowbelly

Also, Sporty, Shakedown, and Captnroger who are staff members would can help with this type of thing as they are basically the guys behind the technical side of things.

I will let you know if I come up with a better way of listing at all times.

10. Wave Warrior and Toxic,

None of the owners or moderators here on OGF deleted your posts. We have very specific policies when it comes to taking those actions, and if they were deleted, we'd have a record of when it was done and by whom. Sporty, our technical advisor, can find no record of either of your posts being removed or deleted.

If the posts were in violation of our Terms of Service, you would have been notified by a moderator. They are very consistent in this area, as many of our members know. ;)

A list of owners and moderators is available on the front page of the site.

We'll continue to investigate the missing posts and try and figure out what is going on.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

simply put........................they are GEEKS:D ;)

12. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

The list is on the main front page by clicking on the about us contact us link.
    For best results you should contact these people threw a pm on this site as i know some donot check the email listed.

Also here is something that i have done believe it or not that caused me some problems. I would be in a hurry and think that i clicked the button for post reply and i didn't i clicked another button like new post today links etc and thus my post never got made.

Believe me guys if any owner or mod on this site takes one of your post or replies down they will pm you and if something dissapears again please like the others said pm us
    Big Daddy Carl Bachtel President bigdaddy@ohiogamefishing.com
    Shakedown Brandon Smith Officer shakedown@ohiogamefishing.com
    Lewis Lewis Ramey Officer lewis@ohiogamefishing.com
    Captnroger Roger Collins Owner/Admin captnroger@ohiogamefishing.com
    DaleM Dale Miller Owner/Admin dalem@ohiogamefishing.com
    Ruminator Jim Thurman Owner/Admin ruminator@ohiogamefishing.com
    Stretch Jim Oldham Owner/Admin stretch@ohiogamefishing.com
    Lundy Kim Endsley Owner/Admin lundy@ohiogamefishing.com

Misfit Rick Seevers Forum Mod misfit@ohiogamefishing.com
    Fish4Fun Jerry Holston, Jr. Forum Mod fish4fun@ohiogamefishing.com
    Bkr43050 Brian Robinson Forum Mod bkr43050@ohiogamefishing.com
    Tee Tim Lutrell Forum Mod tee@ohiogamefishing.com
    Sowbelly101 Brian McNamara Forum Mod sowbelly101@ohiogamefishing.com

13. I would say that you should have no fear that anyone got in to your computer and did anything because once you make your posts they are on the OGF server and nothing on your PC will change that. The only way that could happen is if someone used your computer or profile and deleted the posts but I believe Sporty ruled that out in this case as deleted posts still leave a trail. When you say that you are always signed I am guessing you are referring to that you are signed in as soon as you open the OGF site? What that would mean is that your user and password are cached or memorized in your computer and that it logs you in automatically when you sign in. This could only be a problem if others use your computer and you do not want them getting in under your computer.

I guess I don't have a good answer as to what may have happened. Did you actually see the post on the screen after you entered it? In other words did you view the thread again see it? I am just wondering if perhaps your connection timed out and it did not enter your post. That could happen if there is some type of network or connectivity problem.

14. Thanks for finding it for me Jerry! I knew it was there somewhere.:D

15. anything wrong on here for a long time.

I am on this site at least 3 hours a day, everyday. I don't have a life. All I do is read the posts, go fishing, read the posts, catch fish, read the post, answer the posts, go fishing, etc...

Luv you guys,

look real hard, you'll find your posts, took me a few hours once but I found an old one of mine. Just got to go back far enough.
    :)

16. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

My thinking is right along with trucked...

Many many times I have forgotten where I put something and thought it was booted... examples would be a fish i caught from the kayak and put in that forum - me looking all through the NW Ohio Forum thinking it was deleted... a steelhead catch that I put in the species specific forum and not the geographic location forum... happens all the time.

Another thing is that I have typed out a thread or reply - only to forget to click to submit it. Or often click the preview instead of the submit - which makes me start using my back browser button thinking I posted as I continue to look around the site.

Hope that helps!

17. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

A helpful tip for finding your own posts is to click on your own screen-name to the left of all of your posts, then click the option "Find more posts by ...." in the drop down list.
    You can view the 500 most recent posts you have made. ;) :B
    Its the fastest way that I have found.

18. That was another one that I had thought of as well. I don't often use the preview button but that could cause confusion if you don't keep in mind where you are.

Another thing that you can do to check for any posts that you made is click on your profile and select the link in there that lists all posts made. This will work to see the posts regardless of where they were put.

19. Dang! I was too slow again.:D:D