Dishwasher fish....lol TRUE!

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by cherrell136, Sep 15, 2007.

1. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet but even though it sounds crazy, it makes wonderful fish with NO FUSS.

Season your favorite fish with a little worchestershire sauce, and any other spice you like. Using heavy duty foil, wrap fish leaving some breathing room inside but securing so no fluids can get in or out.

Place the packet/packets on the top rack of dishwasher and wash your dishes as normal, drying is optional. By the time your dishes are clean, your fished is steamed/poached from the intense heat.

Enjoy!

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i heard that before, i also heard you can scale fish in the dishwasher too:confused::D

3. That is nasty!:p

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Dishwasher or washing machine? I think using a washing machine should take the scales right off.:D

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i heard dishwasher, but i never got into the "how to"'

i have seen washing machine drums hooked up to electric motors to scale perch.

6. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

Not very keen on scaling in a dishwasher, but heard of the washing machine, heck.....anyway to scale the little bugers is fine with me!

7. Why not use your oven?

jim

8. Now there's a grand idea!!:D:D

I thought the same thing. I guess this way makes for a conversation piece as well.:confused:

9. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Im guessing the only differance is the dishwasher method allows hot steam to cook/poach the fish, where the over would cook them via hot air?

10. If you are closing up the foil they will not lose much moisture anyway in the oven.

11. Visit an oriental grocery and buy a bamboo steamer, set in in a pan with an inch or so of water add fish and veggies...turn on heat.

This will cook fish just like the dish washer without risk of contimination from soap or bacteria.

Dishwasher fish recipes produce nice, fine, flakey fish because they steam the fish BUT it is really not worth the risk, the slightest amount of detergent will give the runs for a couple of days not deadly but nasty.

I was a chef for about 15 years.

12. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I would think a blender would scale perch/bluegills okay.

13. Tim "the toolman" Taylor was trying to cook fish in a dishwasher on an episode of home improvement , seeing this post reminded me of that. I am sure it would work if you arent married because if you are then you will get chewed out big time. :)