close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Disappointed at Wingfoot

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Huntinbull, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Went to wingfoot today and had a great day on the water but no fish. Not even a dink. Trolled for walleye some but still no fish. Worked some banks and structure for gills and STILL no fish. Got a good tan though.
    Huntinbull

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i used to fish there alot.... i know how you feel. i only witnessed 1 walleye caught, all the time i spent there. try the tires for panfish and go back to the stumpy area back by the hanger for some bass... i guess a floating rapala trolled for walleye (thats what caught the 1) ---- dont give up, you'll find 'em ;) one of the biggest bass i've caught came outta there and went right back in. half hour later my buddy gets one the same size in the same area and definately was not the same fish :)

3. We trolled rapalas for the walleye, we tried crawler harnesses, we drifted areas where we were marking fish with crawlers on jigs. We hit that Bass heaven area with rubber worms, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, I even tried a worm and bobber for a while. I have usually at least caught a few dinks or some panfish. Yesterday seemed like a good day too, mostly overcast, a little breeze. I guess i was saving up the catches for another time. Okay, whining session over for me.
    Huntinbull