close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DirecTV Radio Add...Poking Fun @ Fishermen?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 6, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

DirecTV that has been poking fun at fishermen, at least I think so. Baiscally the add is pithching DirecTV up against Dish Network. The customer in the add like Dish becasue they have shows like "24 Fishing" and "Ice Fishing w/ the Stas", etc.... They make the customer to out to be some sort of dumb red-neck or hick. I've been hearing the add on 700WLW out of Cincinnati.

2. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Ive heard that add several times and thought the same thing.

3. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Lots of funny adds make fun of people of all groups, it's not so much insulting as just having fun with certain aspects of groups of people in our society. Anyone in here willing to deny that all the Cliché people that fit into the red-neck category don't watch fishing and hunting shows all day?

Also a bit off topic but I find it funny that you guys are going to get up into arms about this but then most of you are going to worship larry the cable guy. You want to talk about a guy making a buck making fun of people to simple to realize it, then there is a true target for you. just to clue you in this is the real larry

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=VROn7ZvVoW8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Funny stuff, take the same crappy jokes, add a sleeveless shirt and a retarded accent and every simpleton on the world flocks to him like he's god. Hmmm perhaps I cannot blame him for making fun of people that don't even realize it.

4. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

I was devastated the first time i saw the "real" larry! ;) LOL

5. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

I think that ad is hillarious!! Life is too short to get bent out of shape about it!

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I agree, that ad is funny.

7. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

It's on WKNR 850 in Cleveland too. I think it's funny. Another good line in the commercial:

"I feel dumber than a trout biting on a rubber cricket.":D