close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Directions

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmason, May 8, 2004.

1. I need directions to these lakes, so if any of you know the best way to get to these lakes from the OU campus let me know.

(To)Lakes:
    Strouds
    Rose
    Logan
    Hope

From the OU campus.

2. To Strouds-[Dow Lake](Not the damn side)You can turn left off of East State st. (as if heading towards Bob Evans) on to Madison Ave. (there will be a flower shop at the base of the hill) head up the hill to top/stop. Turn right, that will be Columbia Ave. Follow up the hill, go to stopsign at the "Y", vear to your right, follow, head down over the by-pass, stop, Turn right. Stay on this road till you get to the lake. Maybe 5-6 miles? Here you will find: beach, boat launch & trails and considerable amount of shore fishing.
    To get to damn side- go down 50e towards Parkersburg, its not very far. They don't seem to maintain this side very much.

To Lake Logan- Its been years since I have been over there, just remember getting off 33 north of Logan at, the Walmart, exit and heading left. Can't recall much more than that.

Lake hope- This from there Web Site: Take Route 50 West to Prattsville. Turn right on State Route 278, head north through Zaleski and on to Lake Hope State Park. (Driving time approximately 30 minutes)

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

To get to Lake Logan go to 33 West, exit at State Route 664 and make a left at the top of the ramp. Follow the signs :)

To get to Rose Lake, act like you're going to Lake Logan, go past Logan and head into Hocking Hills on SR 664. Drive back into the camp ground thats located on the left side of the road, right before you get to Old Mans cave, its about a 500 yard walk to the lake from there.

Lake Hope, come to Nelsonville, or stay on 50W. Either way you're going to hop on 278 South, stay on that, it goes right past Lake Hope, ya can't miss it.

4. Sounds like everyone has them covered so I'll just say good luck!!
    P.S. The SCENERY might be a little better at Strouds by the beach at this time! :D :D

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

good luck at Logan, I have fished a few times this year and plan on going back.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ya its about that tme ;)