close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

directions to alum creek

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingful, Jul 26, 2007.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i map quested it but the state park map is different here is what i got

71s
    to
    37/36 turn right
    to
    africa rd turn left
    to
    cheshire rd (causway?) turn right
    the state park camping is on the other side of the brige on the left someplace?

does that sound correct?

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i would gues there would be signs out that way that say state park

durrrrr

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you got it.after you cross the lake on chshire,turn left on old state rd.
    signs will get you there then.

4. I hope you have reservations for the campground. We were there last weekend and it was nearly full. Couldn't get anywhere near the water and we got our reservations on Tuesday.
    Real nice campground & the crappie have been hitting pretty well lately, as have the smallmouth. Good Luck,
    Tim

5. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

thanks guys

ya we have reservations i am not sure where the sight is my mother made them taking down 3 perception yaks (green) wave if you see me

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

any info on what they are hitting on?
    catch and release weekend but i got some non fishers coming with me would like them to catch at least 1

7. Use a green chartreuse 1/8 oz jighead with a green sparkletail grub. We tie on 2, about a foot apart.Have been tipping the jigs with waxworms. Crappie been hittin em when worked real slow with a steady reel. If you want a GREAT, sub, try the cheshire market, they have a double meat italian sub for about 7.50. Man, what a meal. Nice little bar there too ! Get you bait while there also. Pretty nice launch at cheshire also. Mike

8. google alum creek state park. click on park map. that will show you alot.

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

thanks to every one that posted and pm me with info it helped out a ton everyone caught fish that fished

totals
    3 largemouth largest 14 in
    1 cat 17 in
    50 or so gills most in the 6-9 in range
    1 smallmouth 10 in
    10 crappie all around 7in

we fished around the state park ramp area shore fishing was good till sat when the boats muddied the area up and the fish shut down so brought the yaks out and the canoe and found some clean water and found more fish

jigs and minnow
    worms drug with harneses
    rat-l-traps
    pinmans and wax worms

nice lake water was nice i ended up getting fried but had a good time swimming

there are some big boats on that lake i loved the party sail boat and 30-40 foot cigar boats (but glad its not my home lake i am sure it would get old ;))but the ranger boat triped me out it looked looked a repo from a drug bust or something never saw a ranger boat that big he was nice and asked us if we needed help because we were riding some of the wake near the speeding area he thought we were getting a little close and we would flip the boats........... when i fliped the yak upside down and then back over he said well you guys have fun haha dont think he ever saw someone flip a yak and then right yourself