close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

directions to aep off 77?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by discgolfer, Mar 25, 2005.

1. i cant take it anymore! i am thinking of heading to aep tomorrow morning. never been there, but with all i've heard, 50 degree forcast, favorable moon phase, and the itch to get out and fish-i'm making the drive.

i'll be heading south on 77. all i have is an aep map and the need to catch a hog or 2. i'm not asking for specific honey holes, just get me in there. thanks :cool:

2. Looks like Rt 78 from exit #25 on my map. Or rt 83 from exit 169 from I70.If you go let us know the results.I'm going Monday.

3. Take 77 south to 78 west...
    this road has some twist and turns on it so be aware... If it says speed limit 55 just LOL and do 45 and still hold on ...
    In the very small town of Rienersville you will a store on st rt 78 straight ahead because the road take a ver ysharp 45 degree right turn...
    Stores name is KarriJo's Country Store and has maps and permits both of which are free...

4. :rolleyes: i had already made the journey before anyone posted. but thanks, i might try 78 next time. i took exit 28 (821), hung a right and drove the wrong way for about 20 minutes ( you should exit 821, go r, THEN take the IMMEDIATE L, and that puts you on cty rd 20). 20 takes you to 83 or twp rd3. it brought me in above campsite k. i'd hate to go this way on a snowy day though. 78 is prolly better, cuz this was a rollercoaster at times. i'd say maybe 20-25 minutes off 77 going that way. how long on 78?

i fished 5 or 6 of the ponds not too far off the road. had 1 or 2 hits on a pumkin/chartruese worm. no takers for the spinnerbait. i was good just to get out and get a line wet though. and the jeep is now officially broke in :D

i definetley want to go down there again, when i can spend a few days camped out. there is alot of water to explore! i'll try to make it out to C too.

5. You'll be better off going down 78 its about 15 min to the store I posted about earlier... Campsite C has some pretty good sites if you camp and don't forget the chainsaw so you can cut some free wood that they drop off across from campsite A on the road that leads to C...