Dipsy Rods

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Buckeye Ron, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I went to the Cabelas in Dundee, Mi yesterday, first time there. As I was getting ready to leave I went into the Bargain Cave and started looking around. I came upon two 9 ft Cabelas Depthmaster Trolling Series rods, Dipsy Rods. One was marked $24 and the other $28. I looked them over real good and there wasn't anything wrong with them, so i took them to the counter where I explained to the cashier that both the rods were the same and wondered if I could buy both of them for $24. She went and asked and I got them for $ 24 apiece. I thought I got a good deal.:) The regular price was $34.99 in the catalog that i just looked at.
    Ron

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Yes that was a good deal. I had to pay regular price for mine. So anytime you do not have to pay full price, is a good deal. ;)

3. I have been running those Rods this year and they were on sale early spring for 24.95 they actually sent me a Loomis steelhead rod in the package with them because of all the cash I spend at cabelas :p They are alittle stiffer but have Done good job for me this year.

4. I hope to give them a try Saturday if the weather holds out. I will report back on them then.
    Ron

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I have a feeling your going to like them. I have been running cabelas dipsy rods on my boat for about 5 seasons now. And I am very happy with them.