Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Just my most humble opinion…and have been using them for over 40 years…any color that makes you happy 😃..just checked my tackle yesterday and have 4 different colors on that have been on all season…none black but I do have black in the arsenal of tackle…again just my opinion…spray some up and compare for yourself…but I do crazy glue the rings on…we all have quirks …lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a variety of colors and I believe the one called "Batman" (I believe that’s what it’s called) works best for me.

I also found some all-copper ones that I really like. I think i ordered them, not even sure if you can get them anymore

I like anything that gives off a flash. I put bright colored snubbers on them as well. no clear for me

Black is actually my least productive, seriously. I don't understand the trend for guys to use Black

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Think of it like this, your wife comes and asks how do these shoes look with this outfit? You say fine. You know she's going to come back with another pair on or 2 different shoes to see which looks better. Just like when you're changing baits, deciding on a color, should it be a big spoon little spoon, short billed crankbait, haven't even thought about colors yet. So just picture instead of only having to "help" decide on shoes, you ask about the outfit, now she's changing outfits and shoes I mean this could take all day, your going to be late for dinner your probably going to be up too late, tired on the lake in the morning. It's just so much easier to say the 1st pair of shoes looks great and run black divers make life simple.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I have messed with diver colors over the years and for me, just like spoon colors, sometimes diver color or flash seems to make a difference. As Mike mentioned, once you add a color or flash into the equation is it the lure or diver attracting the fish? Black just keeps it simple… I think the reason many captains paint ‘em black is to make them unobtrusive. As least that’s why I do. Not to attract but to be less intrusive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have many different divers… I use 4 different colors….. mainly for ease of setting. That way it is known what position they are without having to look. I also switched to all of the Dreamweaver Deeper Divers - no rings to deal with…

1 - 20 of 41 Posts