Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do some of you guys choose the color of your Dipsey and whats your favorite one!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
It really doesnt matter to me because I paint them all flat black! Same thing for jet's. You can't go wrong with your "basic black " :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
my number 1 settings are orange - my number 21/4 settings are purple amd my 31/2 settings are lime green - ive played around alot with colors even painted some black - theres even times when one rod/spoon is really producing and ill throw a chrome or wonderbread dipsie on and it still produces??? i think they all work and its whatever your confident with and maybe the color helps? all i know is orange is my favorite (they seem to bring the hogs) - probably because there always the deepest lol

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
I know that the old soothe, Shortdrift, uses all black with short leaders. Could be a hold-over from the days when the water was not gin clear-don't know. I usually end up buying whatever is left on the rack and so far, hasn't made much difference but I use longer leaders. I have a couple in watermelon over chrome colors. Those seem to work the best for steelies for some reason?? Lots of flash. They are usually the ones I run higher in the water column also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Running all black this year and have caught more of everything this year.

Maybe just luck.

·
"SUPPERS READY" ON 68
254 Posts
I,ve Ran Green, Orange, Chrome, Watermellon. This Year It Doesn't Seem O Matter. I Do Know Some Guys Who Also Paint Them All Flat Black. They Say The Chrome Have To Much Flash And Scare The Fish. Don't Know If That's True. If That Is The Case Use Them For Steelies And Salmon. Like A Flasher Or Dodger.who Knows. Set Um, Run Um Catch Um. Good Luck

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Dead horse. :D does anyone use search anymore??? it seems like every other poster wants to know the same info that has been posted 100 times,

Where is the crib again? and how do I get there? saw that no less than 5 times last week and on the same page even worse.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Kevin where is the crib ??? and what should i do exactly?.....LOL

can you fish for me , bring them in and than....clean and filet all of them too for me..... oh wait you do ....

LMAO....... that was great bro!

Frank

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
What is a dipsey diver and how do they work :confused:
Does my snubber go before or after the dipsey :confused:
Do Frank and Kevin like beer or wine coolers, if yes what flavor do they drink :confused: :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
WOW!! Somebody must not have been able (allowed) to go fishing this weekend:D :(

PS: Are the walleye hitting in Lake Erie yet?? If so what is everbody using??

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Ha Ha very funny REO, I fished 3 days last week and will be fishing tommorow and friday and tourney saturday, might even sneak out sunday morning for 3 hours.

I did have other stuff to do this weekend but with the rough water it worked out, I don't have to deal with that "allowed" crap like some other guys.

PS. Where is 72nd Street?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey sorry for asking a question not everyone is as smart as some of you! I just wanted to know some of the thoughts and theorys on the color of the Dipsey from the great lake erie fishermen!Please forgive me Im sorry.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
No appology neccesary whatsoever...It's not a question of anyone being smarter than the next guy, that's not it at all. It's a matter of Laziness IMO. your not a new member of the site and you know about the search use it!!. I'm not trying to start something here but ever notice some guys never ask questions? it's because if they want info they use the search and it gives them the exact results and answers they are looking for without creating a new thread, if you search dispey in this forum or even dispey color you will find enough posts to keep you busy for a month. it's not like asking for a current lake or fishing report it's about an object that has been talked about a million times.

Tell me you don't wonder why you see the same topics over and over again. I'm on this site alot and read just about everything but just have noticed some guys are too lazy to use search they say I'm not doing that it's work I'll just start yet another topic on a dead horse subject.

How about reporting your colors on your dispey's and how you feel they work instead. This site should be a two way street not one way. I re-read your post and you didn't even say what colors you use. WHY, tell use what your doing and how maybe another newbie can pick up something your doing.

Sorry i could be all wet about this search topic but use it, it's the most valuable resource this site offere, many topics talked about over time. I use search on Walleyecentral ALL the time, I use it for pre-fishing for tourney's even all the info is there in the database just use search and it will give it to you. IMO it's better to see years of results rather than one thread that will dissapear after a day or two. you can see 50 at one time.

Am I wrong thinkin search is under utilized??? If so I'll quit with the dead horse crap. anybody else thing I'm right? Besides Krusty and Franks. LOL

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Ha Ha Ha ! I got out Saturday, so no lack of fishing is not my excuse.:D I agree with Kev, I take pride in doing research on things I don't have the knowledge on and finding the answers out myself, believe me the info. is out there you just have to be willing to put the time / effort in and search for it. Whether it is the search engine on this site or google. IMO it is a lot more rewarding when you have researched something yourself and put it to use out on the water, then you can draw your own conclusion on whether it worked out for you or not. Now who is gettnig out tomorrow ? I plan on a perch trip tomorrow out of Huron, the freezer is getting low, time to give the eyes a rest for a few days ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts