close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dip and gee whiz, ohios top catmen

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Mar 12, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Got news that Dip and Gee whiz fished one of my secret spots this past monday. Never even let me know they were coming down! Dip caught a plastic bag, and I think whiz bang took yet another skunking... :D Thats ok I got two more highly secret spots and the locations will never be let out :eek: :D

If all else fails this year, I will have to take these two experts, along with Watermellon to my 50 spot, and the dreaded goat path, "just ask Da King" about this spot.

2. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Jack, Not the Goat Path. Didn't someone blowout a knee there a couple of years ago? Before you take Da Mellon down there, and have the curse thrust back upon you, take me with you.

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Well, ya see jack it was a spur of the moment trip. And we figured the weather wasn't perfect and since you are one of those fair weather fisherman that you would just wimp out on us anyway. :D DIP, just for the record, also caught an empty plastic pop bottle. And besides, you ain't caught a fish in about 5 yrs. have ya. Secret spot? The only secret is when only you know about it. Thanks for telling us about this great secret spot too. :rolleyes As far as the goat path is concerned, why ain't I fished it yet. geesh Heck man, I packed muled 50 lbs of bait and ice with all my gear, food, water down a big hill, through mud and 10 ft. tall weeds to you one spot and managed to clear out a million gar while I was there. Bring on that goat path, I am ready. On second thought, catking was there and now it is cursed.

I did catch a 7.1 channel last sunday which spurred my idea to dip to fish the scioto. He told me today that the next time I have another idea like that to keep him out of it. :eek:

DIP did tell me your other secret spot is now a sand bar :( so much for my first flatty spot.

bill

4. flathunter

No one blew out a knee that I can remember, but I do remember me and Da King crawling on all fours because the steep trail was so slick :eek: ..Did not help that Cw dropped a minnow bucket in front of us making the already dew slicked trail even more difficult :D David anytime you want to fish this spot with me is a ok, but bring repelling ropes :eek: And I am not kidding :D

5. flathunter

Whiz, Da goat path spot is 100 times worse than the other location you are talking about :D ..But I did catch a 50, and a 40 there three years ago..Did not fish it last year, cause I got lazy.....Come the month of May gee whiz, I will let you experince it!

6. flathunter

This is Jack's better half - (Rhonda) I was there the first time ANY of us experienced the "goat path." I gave it the name "The Hochi Minh Trail". I've only been there twice, and both times I ended up with poison ivy. I don't remember being as frightened of the "great outdoors" as I was on that trip. Trip is an appropriate word. Another is trap. The second time we were there, Jack caught his famouse fifty pounder, but the odds of another one are probably about like hitting the lottery. But he did let Walter go, so who knows? Maybe the "cocktailed s.o.b." is still out there. The last time I went there I had on long-sleeved shirt, jacket, and pants, and still managed to get poison ivy on my fingers. It was pouring down rain, and Jack was burning up with a fever from his diagnosis of lyme disease, so he's really a fisherman, he's paid his dues, and the rewards are few and far between. So if you're ready to put your money where your mouth is :D , come on. But be prepared to travel lightly, as you will need one free hand to break your fall as you're ass over elbow. And maybe some cleats would help.

7. flathunter

The below pic shows me standing at the goat path spot holding my 50-lber!

[​IMG]

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats a nice fish.. jack, you look a little frighten.. :p

9. bill_gfish

All I can say is "FOR THE RECORD JACK GOT HIS WIFE TO BEAT UP ON ME" Only kidding! I am up for this cuz I am not known as whiney billy g fish for nuttin. (thanks catking) I will go, get skunked, and whine for years about my experience. lol How far of a walk/crawl is this path? Dang Jack, You tackled the jungles of the scioto with lyme disease. You the man. I hate ticks. Had one up under my nuts once during field medical training. Had to use a mirror to see the thing, kind of a strange view from that perspective? Anywho, I am up for the trap of the goat path. I may have to get in shape before then cuz lord knows this shape I have ain't very appealing. Sounds like fun Jack, always a pleasure fishin with ya. Repelling ropes, oh crap. I am gravity challenged, given chance I will fall.

bill

10. flathunter

Da Goat path trail is not a long one, 5-10 minutes tops..but it makes up in difficulty for what it lacks in length!..LOL!

11. flathunter

Forgot to mention...The last time I fished the goat path I had my son with me..Had not fished it in awile, so the path had grown up some...Our trip in the daylite was not bad you could find the path..Our trip out at 3am was another story, you could not see the trail, and we got kinda lost in the jungle of thick briars and head tall weeds..Took close to an hr, to make that 5 minute walk..I still have the scars on my legs to prove it :eek:

Whiz, my wife wanted me to tell you she was just joking with ya..And that I am the only person she is mean to!

12. bill_gfish

I took it that she was joking cuz I knew you wouldn't let her whoop up on me like that. I am excited about this fishing experience, come may it is on.

bill

13. flathunter

here is a pic of the spot, nice spot once you get down to it.

[​IMG]

14. flathunter

Here is Da Kings Boy with a flathead from the goat path spot..I dont have any pictures of the king, with any fish, from anywhere!

[​IMG]

15. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I can see me getting a backpack for my gear to get to this spot.

16. Sounds interesting....I'm just wondering how you stumbled onto this spot?!?!?

17. flathunter

I used to drive past this spot on may way to work..Always wanted to fish it, but put it off for years because I knew how hard it would be to get into.

18. Hey Jack, does anybody?? Kinda like "BIGFOOT". Come to think of it he's always got his foot in his mouth :D

Sliprig

19. hahahaa

I have one of him dancing ;)

[​IMG]

20. flathunter

Where in the heck is Da King anyway, he needs to tell Gee Whiz about the goat path, from his perspective!

Hey Whiz, Dip has fished the 50 spot, lost a nice fish when my son shined a flashlite on the water :D