close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dillon State Park

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wannabitawerm, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Will be out at Dillon the weekend of the 1st. (Oct.) for a volunteer campout. Anybody fish Dillon, need some advice for some good shore spots, techniques, lures, baits, etc, or we could hook up. PM me or reply.
    Thanx

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

If your into carp.......anywhere....chum corn. LOL. Just don't leave yoru baits in the water (or above the water) unattended. Those snots are fast, and will leap 2' out of the water to take a bait dangling over the water. Had a CAG member lose a rod during the outing this year, and another one almost pulled all the way in.

3. the lake was high last weekend...the big carp were sure biting that day too. Lots of big carp caught on bass lures. I landed about a 5-6 pounder too. It was a tough bass tourny. Only 5 members caught keepers. Shad are everywhere. Couldn't begin to guess where to go from shore. Maybe start at the bank northwest of the marina. 100 yards or so from the boat launch is a point(where the shorline bends) I'd say. Good luck.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

try the spillway.easy access.plenty of water from the dam,downstream.cats,saugeyes,bass,crappies,carp,sheephead.
    cut bait,crawlers,liver,chubs for cats.
    jigs w/t-tails for eyes
    jigs,minnies for crappie.
    cranks,jigs,topwater for bass.
    corn,crawlers for carp.
    bluegills,goldfish for flatheads.
    almost any of the above for sheephead or maybe even a wiper ;)

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

The fishing was still very tough there this weekend . :( There were 2 limits brought to the scales but most every team only had 2-3 fish . There are still shad every where . I think the best bet would be to try fishing for carp or catfish . Good luck .