Dillon Lake

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by OSU_Fisherman, Jun 7, 2008.

1. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I haven't seen any reports on Dillon Lake lately. Does anybody have anything to report?

I'm thinking of heading there sometime this week for the first time to go after Bass and Crappie from a boat. Any helpful suggestions?

2. nitro1

nitro1 Mr. Bass

Don't waste your time!...I fished Dillon for 10 years until last year. I fished for pleasure and in tournaments. Dillon always disappoints! The lake is way over rated for fishing! The fish are stunted and have sores on them as well as very scarce as the population is depleted!

3. dillon is 8 to 10 ft high right now ,all backwaters roads are underwater and the boat ramps are underwater too,there is a good channel-cat fishery there and earlier they were catching saugeye and crappies but they and the bass are on the small side,the docks on the ramps probably will be underwater for at least another week ,they are dropping the lake about a ft a day

4. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Launched this morning at 7:15am and fished until about 11:30. The ramps sucked... hit some wood posts with my transom getting the boat off the trailer. Later, at the marina ramp I ran up on some concrete that I didn't know was there when attempting to pick up my mom and sister for a spin. Good thing I bought that Keel Guard over the winter....well worth the money.

The fishing was pretty terrible... no bass at all. The only fish we caught all morning was a 5" Green Sunfish on a Mepps Dressed Aglia #3.

Going to Salt Fork around 4pm til dark.... will post on another thread.