digital slr's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by macfish, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Iam lookin at the coanon rebel xti and the nikon d40x. I relly like the canon but i found its prone to error 99 mesg, any one have a opinion

2. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I have a Nikon D50 (earlier version of D40) and really like it. It is fast, easy to use, and takes good pictures. We bought it to take to Alaska and got a lot of good action shots.
    Had some problems with it early on. These problems (sudden shut off) ended up being caused by a faulty battery. I had gotten a spare battery but got aftermarket instead of Nikon battery, not a good idea. Have had no more problems since exclusively using Nikon batteries.
    A good zoom lens is great too. I have a Nikon 300mm telephoto, it really brings the action up close.
    Brian

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I don't think you could do wrong with either. My wife has the first gen Canon rebel and loves it (I bought it for her because preiously she had a canon film SLR so all her lenses, filters and flashes worked with the digital). If I were buying new I'd probably go with the Nikon after having used my sister-in-laws (that's what she bought). Either would be a great choice.

4. I agree with captroger----either is going to be great---I have a canon 20d but i also had a canon film camera---its been flawless---i just bought a canon sd870 for my daughter---its not a slr but a very serious camera

5. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i have the D50 as well, great camera!

6. Useing a Fuji fine pix s5600 w/10x zoom
    for a year now and no problems.

7. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

i have a pentax D-100, i love it and would recomend looking at pentax before you make a purchase