close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

digital slr's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by macfish, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Iam lookin at the coanon rebel xti and the nikon d40x. I relly like the canon but i found its prone to error 99 mesg, any one have a opinion

2. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I have a Nikon D50 (earlier version of D40) and really like it. It is fast, easy to use, and takes good pictures. We bought it to take to Alaska and got a lot of good action shots.
    Had some problems with it early on. These problems (sudden shut off) ended up being caused by a faulty battery. I had gotten a spare battery but got aftermarket instead of Nikon battery, not a good idea. Have had no more problems since exclusively using Nikon batteries.
    A good zoom lens is great too. I have a Nikon 300mm telephoto, it really brings the action up close.
    Brian

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I don't think you could do wrong with either. My wife has the first gen Canon rebel and loves it (I bought it for her because preiously she had a canon film SLR so all her lenses, filters and flashes worked with the digital). If I were buying new I'd probably go with the Nikon after having used my sister-in-laws (that's what she bought). Either would be a great choice.

4. I agree with captroger----either is going to be great---I have a canon 20d but i also had a canon film camera---its been flawless---i just bought a canon sd870 for my daughter---its not a slr but a very serious camera

5. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i have the D50 as well, great camera!

6. Useing a Fuji fine pix s5600 w/10x zoom
    for a year now and no problems.

7. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

i have a pentax D-100, i love it and would recomend looking at pentax before you make a purchase