close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Digital camera question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bkr43050, Aug 19, 2005.

1. I have a Sony Cybershot P72 camera the came with an audio/video cable to hook my camera up to the TV for viewing. I really liked the cable as it was a nice way to share pics with a large group and at anyone's place. The problem is that now I can't find my A/V cable. I looked at Staples and they have on cable in there that looks like the same but I did not have my camera with me to test. Does anyone have any experience with this? I wanted to avoid buying the cable and returning it if it were the wrong one.

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

brian cant say for sure but most of the time as long as the A/V cable will hook to the cam it will work.

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Try a regular RCA cable. That might work and they're inexpensive.

4. I have the camera with me today I may head out to Radio Shack at lunchtime and see if they can help me. The one I saw at Staples may have actually been an RCA cable. It listed the plug size at a 3.5MM but I did not know what mine needed.:rolleyes:

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

check wallyworld i bought a really nice one cheap there for my cam corder

6. That was kind of what I figured as well. It is just a matter of finding the right size plug.

7. I found one at Radio Shack. There may be other types listed that would work. This one is packaged as a "Y-Adapter Audio Cable" and is for splitting audio between components. We tested it on a TV in the store and it worked fine. It is two phone plugs on one end to one 1/8" stereo phone plug. It cost me about $7.00. Now that I bought one I am sure the original one will show up.:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the input!

8. Hook N Book

Well, isn't that how it always work...!
    It took me a while to figure out why I had so many duplicate tools. :D Having two sons and of course a Poltergeist in the house didn't help either. :D

9. Poltergeist! Now there is one I had not considered. Maybe that is it!:D

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey hook,i know where you're coming from.thought i had a poltergeist once,also,when the contents of my fridge(especially beer) kept disappearing every night :confused:
    forgot my stepson was staying with us at the time :rolleyes:
    but i'm beginning to think the poltergeist theory may have been true,as the mooch moved out in november,but my grub is still diappearing ;)
    but the beer's ok since the wife sterted hiding it in the bedroom closet.poltergeists must not like closets :D

11. Hook N Book

LMAO...They've both moved out and one of them must have taken the poltergiest with them. :rolleyes:
    Boy, I can't wait for them to have children. :D