close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Digital camera-buying tips

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Aug 15, 2007.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Hi all,
    I want to buy a digital camera for around 100 (really want less ;) ) at least 3 megapixels. I dont need a super great one but one that will take at least as good pics a a dispolsible and a good brand. (I'm looking at a nikon L10 5mps is this good 4 100$?) thanks for your help-jonny :)

P.S. if anyone has one they wanna sell let me no :)

2. you know, if you watch the sales, you can get a nice canon 5mp for arround 110 to 120.

I have this exact camera and it does really well. Durable too!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2288158

Before I bought the canon, I tried the Nikon and kodak's in the same price range and didn't like them at all. IMO, the Canon is a far superior digicam.

3. i bought a cheapie to keep on the boat and in the truck that only had the lcd screen...you couldnt look thru a view finder. DO NOT buy one like this. what a pain! you cant see the damn screen in sunlight so it's point and hope for the best! :)

4. I have one of the high-end Canon Power Shot cameras. If I had a "do over" I would find something in a much more weather resistant shell.

5. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

1) Look for something with optical and digital zoom
    2) Make sure to check www.tigerdirect.com and www.butterflyphoto.com for deals on the same camera

Also, I believe if you type "steve" and "digital camera" into google, you can get some pretty in depth reviews on the modesl you are considering.

6. krm

krm

Check out dpreview.com for all the info you'd ever want.

The idea of a weather resistant camera is something to consider. I got a weather resistant open box 3 mp olympus from Best Buy for $99, and it's been great. I even dropped it in a six-inch deep mud puddle - just rinsed it off under the faucet and it was fine.

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

thanks guys im gunna aim for a waterproof one...

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

9. I bought mine from walmart a few yrs ago. About $88 but not water proof. Time to upgrade soon.