close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Digital Camara Help...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish G3, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Looking to get a digital camara this year during all the sales...looking to spend no more than 150.00 and I have no idea what to look for...dont know which brands are better than others or anything...any info would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    Fish G3

2. You can't go wrong with a Kodak Easy Share Camera. I have one thats 5-7 years old and takes outstanding pics. Easy to download off camera to puter.

3. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

For picture quality vs. price I like a Canon. For durability (fishing, boating) I like Olympus SW series.

4. I like Cannon. Easy to use and durable. Bounced it off the deck of the boat a few times and it keeps on clicking.

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Cant go wrong with a Canon Powershot. Been using a 410 for over 3 years and get great pics with it.

6. this friday at walmart a 10.2MP samsung camera for 69.00.and i might brave the cold and stand in line at walmart friday for a 129.99 magnavox blue ray player. their black friday ad has alot of real good deals.some are worth dipping into savings for.

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I bought our first digital a year ago - Canon A720IS... great camera!
    I highly recommend it or its successor model.
    I've liked it so much that I bought a Canon SD1000 for pocket carry in the outdoors. Although it doesn't quite equal the A720IS in picture quality, its only a shade less.
    But you can do so much with the A720IS, I love it for a family camera. :B

I spent several hours at this site where you can open multiple windows /tabs and do direct comparisons between photos taken by any cameras you want to compare, as well as the stats for the cameras.

Check it out!!

- http://www.dpreview.com/

8. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Nikon Coolpix S210. Very small, easy to use good quality pictures. I paid $150 at HH Gregg, but this weekend I saw an ad for it at Toys R Us for $129.

Brian

9. thanks for all the info...its been pretty helpful and hopefully i can walk into a deal this weekend...

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Seen a 8 mp Nikon for $129 in this past Sunday's fliers. I like Canon and am on my second one but the quality and crispness of Big Daddy's fish pictures is making me think about a Nikon next time.
    Or it could be that he is just a professional photographer and it has nothing to do with the camera.:confused:

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

1.) Optical zoom good. Digital zoom useless.

2.) Don't get hung up on more pixels, if it has more than 5mp that's good.

3.)Pentax makes some waterproof cameras.

4.)Micro Center has refurbished cameras for cheap.

5.) Image stabilization is good.

6.) Read some reviews, www.popphoto.com

12. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Personally, I would only go with Canon or Nikon. Lots of good deals to be had this year. Retail is dying a slow death this year...