close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Die-In" Protest at OU

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 5Cent, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I'm not sure if anyone here saw anything about the most recent acts of our fellow Bush hating students, but I got a kick out of this! Thanks again all the members who serve.

The Wall Street Journal
    Best of the Web Today - April 12, 2005

By JAMES TARANTO

One Marine vs. 20 Idiots--Guess Who Wins?
    On Friday we noted that a score of Ohio University students and others had
    staged a "die-in" to protest the liberation of Iraq. The Post, the student
    newspaper, carried a letter from Marc Fencil, a senior who is also a Marine
    currently stationed in Iraq, that is so excellent we reprint it in full:

It's a shame that I'm here in Iraq with the Marines right now and not back
    at Ohio University completing my senior year and joining in blissful
    ignorance with the enlightened, war-seasoned protesters who participated in
    the recent "die-in" at College Gate. It would appear that all the action is
    back home, but why don't we make sure? That's right, this is an open
    invitation for you to cut your hair, take a shower, get in shape and come on
    over! If Michael Moore can shave and lose enough weight to fit into a pair
    of camouflage utilities, then he can come too!

Make sure you all say your goodbyes to your loved ones though, because you
    won't be seeing them for at least the next nine months. You need to get here
    quick because I don't want you to miss a thing. You missed last month's
    discovery of a basement full of suicide vests from the former regime (I'm
    sure Saddam's henchmen just wore them because they were trendy though). You
    weren't here for the opening of a brand new school we built either. You
    might also notice women exercising their new freedom of walking to the
    market unaccompanied by their husbands.

There is a man here, we just call him al-Zarqawi, but we think he'd be
    delighted to sit down and give you some advice on how you can further
    disrespect the victims of Sept. 11 and the 1,600 of America's bravest who
    have laid down their lives for a safer world. Of course he'll still call you
    "infidel" but since you already agree that there is no real evil in the
    world, I see no reason for you to be afraid. Besides, didn't you say that
    radical Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance?

I'm warning you though -it's not going to be all fun and games over here.
    You might have bad dreams for the next several nights after you zip up the
    body bag over a friend's disfigured face. I know you think that nothing,
    even a world free of terror for one's children, is worth dying for, but bear
    with me here. We're going to live in conditions you've never dreamt about.
    You should get here soon though, because the temperatures are going to be
    over 130 degrees very soon and we will be carrying full combat loads (we're
    still going to work though). When it's all over, I promise you can go back
    to your coffee houses and preach about social justice and peace while you
    continue to live outside of reality.

If you decide to decline my offer, then at least you should sleep well
    tonight knowing that men wearing black facemasks and carrying AK-47s yelling
    "Allahu Akbar" over here are proud of you and are forever indebted to you
    for advancing their cause of terror. While you ponder this, I'll get back to
    the real "die-in" over here. I don't mind.

What can we say but "Semper fi"?

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

All I can say is "WOW!" He did an excellant job with that.

Thank you vets! I appreciate your service to our country.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

AMEN! Without men & women in the armed forces, we wouldnt be here living FREE.

4. Damn hippies! They're always protesting something to find an excuse to smoke those left handed cigarettes.

Vets are cool :cool:

5. that's one great post. A simple "thank you" "we support you" "we pray for your safety" will do. I buy anyone who's returned from over there, or any vet a beer every chance i get. That SuperBowl commercial where the soldiers entered the station and everyone applauded them is the kind of things i like to see. Not losers doing a die-in.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Some times I wonder where people's brains are in this country. I agree with Rainer. By the way, good to see you back on board - haven't seen you post in a while.

7. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

What a great letter. I have 4 fraternity brothers in Iraq right now, all marines. Wouldn't want to mess with any of those guys! Thank god we have them though

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I also appreciate what our men and women are doing for us, but why can't we get some new schools built for us here?? No I am not a hippie, just wonder why?

I have not seen anything about this die-in thing, but will try to find some info on it to see what kind of stupid things they are saying about our troops.

9. That was a very good response that soldier put forth. To be honest, I'm not at all suprised by the protest. The college campus is the easiest place in the world to find lots of what I call activists of convienence. You know they type, the ones that'll protest just about everything and anything someone tells them they should protest. Let's face it, I'd be willing to bet not one of the protesters is willing to take that soldier up on his reqest for them to join him. I remember a time when I was in college and like those protestors. I had all the answers, or so I thought, until I had to go out, get a job and learn what the "real world" was like outside the campus. It goes back to something I said in another post, there are two types of activists in the world. Those that cry and protest some perceived injustice in the world and those who skip that and actively try to find a solution. I have infinately more respect for our soldiers over there because they are in the latter group. While I have little or no respect for the former group.

To any past or present soldiers that may be reading this, I have but one thing to say. THANK YOU for the contribution of your service to our country.

BTW, anyone happen to see the news article where a Vietnam vet took up chewing tobacco for the sole purpose of going to a Jane Fonda book signing and spitting a big wad of tobacco juice in here face?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154063,00.html

10. 5cent,Blance

Both great stories. thanks guys

11. gstrick27

gstrick27 ITS BLUEJACKETS TIME!!!!!

The reason we cant get schools built here is because all of the so called progressives in this country dont want to pay for it. They will piss and moan about how bad things are, but look what happens every time a school levy goes on the ballot, its like pulling teeth. And if the people that moan the loudest would actually help and vote those things in we would all have new and better schools, but if they are not willing to help they should just shut up and quit complaining. Besides building schools there is the only way to deprogram those kids to stop thinking the west is out to get them and to not hate us. Maybe if they learn to read and write they wont have to resort to a life of suicide bombs and "airline pilots" in order to make money for there families.

12. There is a certainly a mob mentality that drives these groups. Protesting a cause (any cause) instantly makes them part of a group (acceptance), and gives them the perception that they are somehow making a difference (feeling needed or important). Once they convince each other that they are right, they feed off of their desire for these feelings to the point where the “cause” can be transformed to the absurd.

Ironically, these groups share these same dynamics with the very groups that have diametrically opposed viewpoints and/or agenda.

Think for yourself!

13. H2O Mellon

You dead wrong about Passing School Levy's. Just beacuse a school levy passes does not mean a single thing will be better. Your talking to a guy whose father was chairman of one the larger school unions in the state. Very few levys are passed to build better or newer schools. More levys are on the ballot due to spending screwups within the specific school system(s). For publicity reasons I cant not get into specific details conerning my specific school district, let me assure you though, some of the policies & spending would blow your mind.

Secondly, I'm going to have to disagree w/ you again. These Middle Eastern individuals are on average "smarter" at least book smart than our students. It's not that they are doing this becasue they are dumb, it's meant to tear down the American ideas & way of life (my idea & way of life). I'm not "Pro War" as I hope noone her eis "Pro War" but I'm 100% Pro American, I think we should shove an American size 12 boot up each & every one of those peoples butt's, show them America is not weak, we're not bleeding hearts, we wont be threanted, at least not with recourse. The recourse needs to be strong, we need to show that we are the Supreme Nation that we are. Not really so much "An eye for an eye" but more like if you poke us in the eye, we'll poke your eye out, break a couple fingers, a few toes, crack some ribs, bloody your nose, and kick you right square in the gahoonies. I for one am tired of my country be taken advantage of.

14. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Thanks gstrick27, but I am still wondering how we can send money elsewhere that is from us and we can't get our money here for what we need as a country.........I just don't understand it.

15. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am right there with ya H2O.........My school district is in need of a school levy, but for the wrong reasons......you should see how they are trying to make it look worse than it really is. Then you hear about the salaries, and the relatives who are deciding there other relatives salaries.......then they wonder why it has not passed the last few times they tried. Sent out a mailing trying to make things look worse than they are. sad :(

I also have to agree with your views on the Amercian way :eek: Kick there butts and don't let them see the soft side. Can't hardly scare the bad guys if we don't show them how it will be.

16. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Silly hippies, Thank you vets!

17. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

H20 Mellon, I disagree that middle eastern students are on average smarter than american students. There is absolutely no factual basis for that.

18. H2O Mellon

The info/topic has chnaged since I last looked at this. I cant find the exact web page anymoe sorry. It's been several years since I had to do my paper@ Sinclair on this topic. This site is the closest I could find in a short time, but is a cmparison of Americans vs Indians in comparions to managerial jobs: CLICK HERE

Here is the more famous study link. Sorry but some of the other links to other studies dont work. My sister is a junior @ Wright-State and had to do bascially the same type of study just a few months ago, however unlike me, she had an "Un American" professor. This A-hole actually had the nerve to wear a TShirt that had a picture of a burning American flag. My sister wanted to quit the class. My dad went to WSU's dean & complained about the fact that an AMERICAN HISTORY professor from the Middle East could wear such a shirt. The conversation didnt last too long.

My papers was wirtten sometime in '96-97. I didnt like the results of it, but basically said that middleeastern students grades were higher and/or study habits were higher.

Just doesnt seem right that thre can be such an "Anti American" American Histroy professor @ such a lrage school as Wright-State University. If I recall corectly, my dad rolled up his sleeve to show a USMC Bulldog tatoo on his arm and told the dean "This is why I'm offended at this professor", although knowing my dad the words didnt come out that nice, I'm sure there were a few four letters words and a raised voice in there too.

19. H2O Mellon

On a diferent note: Redhawk, it's the current guys like your self & your buddies that I hope & encourage to do 10 times better than guys like myself did in school/college. Dont screw off like I did, make us all proud of you guys, dont let us take a back seat to anyone, anytime, anywhere. The future of this great country is in the hands of you & your fellow students. Tell your frat bro's that I'm damn proud of what they are doing and to keep up the good & honorable work!

20. YES, I know the type, they're called hippies or in this modern era, they are referred to as non-comformists, I still say hippies or Oxygen Wasters. Yeah, these new age hippies aren't like the Vietnam/Woodstock era hippies by any means but still do pose a slight danger to our way of life in that they are influencial on young minds.

Criticizing the war and other political decisions made at the White House is one thing but when people don't treat Vets with respect, I have a big problem with that.