close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Did well on the Sci tonight.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Me and my dad waded the sci this evening and did ok as far as numbers. I got 43 Sm my dad got 25 Sm lol. Biggest being 7inches lol. Still had a fun evening even without the bigger fish.

2. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Wow, you were busy.

I hate wading in the scioto, its all moss and slippery. compared to the darby anyways.

3. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

sweet, i thought you were gonna call me if you went!

4. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

You guys are definitely due for some bigger fish here sometime.

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

lol yep we need some bigger fish. We had back to back trips were i got my pb sm and my got a fish ohio and now this lol. Sorry Micro my dad just wanted it to be me and him.

6. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

thats cool, i was just playin anyways, u guys aint had to many trips with just u guys this year

7. Hey Bubba, Sounds like that part of the Scioto will be great fishing for some time in the future, with all those dinks swimming around. A week ago I caught a smallie in Deer Creek that was Three inches long! I caught him on a inline spinner that was as big as he was! He attacked it right in front of me. The cool thing is, as small as he was he still looked exactly like a full grown smallie. I also caught a nice size shovel head cat within thirty feet of the smallie on my cat rod! Not a great day, but fun. I also hooked and landed a nice channel cat that evening.

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

The yare tiny but pull hard lol. I have gotten a 2incher out of that spot.in the current and him pulling i thought i had an 8incher LOL.

9. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Heh, your going for the wrong kind of pb man.
    The fight is all that really matters in the end, size is just a nice bonus.
    /trying to be nice to the guy catching 2" smallies. ;)

10. Bubba bass bigfoot

lol. This is not no Darby and the fish are not even close to what we normally get. But its fun, Close to home. We will go up in size as far as lures next time and hoping for some bigger fish, We have seen some jump out there that look better (11-13inches). Nothing huge but not bad. Like the spot b/c of the numbers but will be looking for bigger fish.

And yes some of these little guys fight untill you go to reel them in lol.

11. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

If your referring to the Scioto not having big fish like the Darby, not exactly true. Darby might have overall cleaner system, but many here can back me up that the Scioto has some HUGE SM swimming around, and the numbers are right up there with the Darby.
    Mike

12. Bubba bass bigfoot

Never said there was not big fish. I mean out of the fish we have been cathing its nothing like the Avg at the Darb, but thats just one spot. I know there is allot of big Smallies in the Sci, never got them (dont fish the Sci that much) but have seen pics on here.

13. back when i ran the wed nighter a 5'10lber came in from griggs...i'll never foprget that one