close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Did I do this right???

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by BFG, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hehehehehe....:p

[​IMG]

Thanks again Duckdude...

2. ummmm no! you are squeezing her tail too hard. this most likely caused cramping in her tail region and despite the fact that she seemed to swim away fine i can assure you she later became a floater and was most likely died a painful death as she was eaten half alive 1/2 mile downstream by a passing vulture. sure wish i would have remembered the steelhead quality of treatment surveys i put together last friday at work. that way she could have given you some possible recommendations as to how you might hold her friends in the future and not cause them harm :D

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I hope your hands were wet so you didn't remove the protective slime coating from the fish. Removal of the slime could make the fish susceptible to disease ! :p :D :eek:

4. Well, it's a good thing that she able to swim away...otherwise I was going to put her on a chunk of ice and set her floating downstream...until she could gather her wits and gently slide off into the water....

5. hehehehe our purist buddies would have fallen over dead if they saw something like that! :p

6. gsteel

gsteel Banned

I like the broken up ice around you. The only things I see wrong is the fish really blends into the background. The other thing is that you are using spinning gear. Ha Ha. From the smile on your face looks like you had a good time. Be careful out there.

7. Yeah...well, baby steps for a Big Baby Steelheader like me. Saw a Pinner in action yesterday...looked cool...saw some flyroddin' as well...not for me....also saw some Zebco 33 w/ a musky spinner goin' on....umm...

8. what fun is being careful?

[​IMG]

9. I've never had people move away from me faster than when we were fishing that stretch....

;)

10. Great pics!

I'm telling all your mothers of this risky behavior :p.

11. Nice pictures. Brings back a few memories. From the looks of things you'll be hittin some good fish soon.

Glad to see the ole spots still produce some feeeesh

12. as the saying goes "she ain't what she used to be" jeff. i was amazed (still kinda expected it) when i rolled up there at 12:00 and saw 8 cars/trucks! that river has been terrible the last couple years. now our other playground.......:D