close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dick's

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by lateral_line, May 30, 2007.

1. :mad: went to dick's in montrose today to buy a few things. four things in all. $4.49, $3.99, $1.29, $1.29. Had a coupon to save 15% off one fishing item. So the girl take 15% off my $1.29 item. When i asked her why, she said "I don't know, I just picked one." Now i realize the purchase was small to begin with butt 15% off 1.29 isn't really helping me. And the manager said it was her right to choose which item. after the void and the re-ring he said "you saved a whole 42 cents." hey 42 cents is 42 cents. guess that's why they call themselves dick's.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

That's some good customer service. I would of left the stuff laying on counter and walked out the door.

3. what a tool! it's always nice in the retail industry to insult your clientele.

4. They have treated me pretty good in the Columbus area, with that said it should be a given that they take the 15% off the more expensive item, the one thing they do that kinda ticks me a little is that when you get so many points they send you a $10 gift certificate, I would like to be able to buy ammo with it..but they wont let you... I think you should be able to use it on anything you want since you earned it, I guess there is a reason behind it..but it still kinda irks me.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i did that once already this year trying to use a $10 off coupon. the very large and verbal woman behind the counter tried to embarass me because i didn't have a score card..:mad:

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

it's because their afraid if you go out and shoot someone, that persons laywer will sue them for GIVING you the ammo. BUT, their ok if you BUY it and then go shoot someone. lets them off the hook. it's a sad world we live in sometime:eek:

7. They mentioned something about the prices on guns and ammo being regulated the one time I tried to use one on ammo(not sure as I was kinda ticked about it but wasnt going to argue the point at the register) they sent me a coupon today that is good for $20 off of a purchase of $100 or more but again it excludes firearms:( bummer as they have a shotgun I want.