Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the Dick's Sporting Goods on Mason-Montgomery Rd will be opening and if it will have a fishing dept?

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just south of irwin-simpson rd (a couple lights south of western row) and north fields ertel rd (I-71 overpass).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Larryfish,
I work in the same neighborhood. You ever hit the pond on the corner of Irwin Simpson and Snyder for lunch?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Do you know who is building it? Is it going in a shopping center? I know my company is building down there, but I am not sure if Dick's is going in our center. We are building what they are going to call Deerfield Towne center on Mason-Mont. Road. It is opening in the summer/fall of this year.

fishintiger

·
Registered
173 Posts
I live literally 30 seconds away from it. So when i drive by tonight, ill check it out and let everyone know if there is a set date.... it looks really close right now to being done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bmagill.....

I have fished the snider pond alot and never had much luck but if you PM later, im checking out a pond that is just now reachable tonight/tomm.... ill let ya know where and whats in it.

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone know how old that pond snider is and what fish are in it. If It was decent sized carp I might have to hit it. I used to drive past it all the time and I only live 5 minutes from it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have hit that pond three times now, and have pulled bass out of there everytime. (I live pretty close) They were all running about 12-13 inches, but I did see a monster cruising in the weeds. I wish I could have hooked him. One of the guys there did tell me he pulled 3.75 lb bass out of there and a 9 lb channel. It looks like it is getting fished harder and harder every day, so I am sure those fish will get conditioned soon enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They will definetly have hunting and fishing dept. as for when they will open iam not sure i worked in there a couple of weeks ago and they were all done. butttttt. the last day i was there they made about 10,000 in changes to the golf shop.

·
Registered
233 Posts
BMagill,

I have never fished that pond before, but one of the guys I work with has. He said that he has caught some decent channel cats and blue gill. Most of the bass that he catches are like what mcmd8700 said 12 & 13 inches.

·
Registered
508 Posts
About what I thought - I can consistently catch bass up to 12" there, but that seems to be where they top out. After more than 20 trips, there may be a few lunkers in there, but they're very few and very smart. Did see a giant channel there once.

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
I live about 1 mile away from there as well. When is it going to open? This is going to be trouble.....a Dicks sporting Goods about 1 mile away and BPS about 15 minutes away........ I'm going broke... :D :D

Tee

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran by it last night and still no sign, or any notice anywhere......

3.75 lb'r in snider pond i doubt it, but possible :confused:

the channel however is very possible i caught and weighed a 5lbr a year ago.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've lived a 10th of a mile from the Irwin-Simpson/Snider Rd intersection for 14 years and the pond has been there as long as I've lived there.

Have taken the kids there a few times since it went from private residence to park. Caught some 1-3 lbs channel cats and a lot of small blue gills.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The bass I saw cruising in the weeds was big. I fish quite a bit for lmb, and the one I saw was in the 3 lb range. But everytime I drive by that pond, it looks packed. I think I may stay to fishing the smallies in the creeks as opposed to that pond.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, there is one less 10+lb catfish in that pond. I saw an older gentleman pull out the monster and proceed to go to his car with it. I was clear at the other side, and yelled at him that it was catch and release, but to no avail. He was gone before I could get close.

I did manage 3 bass. One was about 2lb, the others were small.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts