close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dick's Sporting Goods on Mason-Montgomery Rd

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TimJC, Jun 9, 2004.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Does anyone know when the Dick's Sporting Goods on Mason-Montgomery Rd will be opening and if it will have a fishing dept?

2. Good question? I work about a half mile from there. Finally, a place to go for lunch$.

3. Where is this store going to be?

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

It's just south of irwin-simpson rd (a couple lights south of western row) and north fields ertel rd (I-71 overpass).

5. Larryfish,
    I work in the same neighborhood. You ever hit the pond on the corner of Irwin Simpson and Snyder for lunch?

6. Do you know who is building it? Is it going in a shopping center? I know my company is building down there, but I am not sure if Dick's is going in our center. We are building what they are going to call Deerfield Towne center on Mason-Mont. Road. It is opening in the summer/fall of this year.

fishintiger

7. I live literally 30 seconds away from it. So when i drive by tonight, ill check it out and let everyone know if there is a set date.... it looks really close right now to being done.

8. Bmagill.....

I have fished the snider pond alot and never had much luck but if you PM later, im checking out a pond that is just now reachable tonight/tomm.... ill let ya know where and whats in it.

9. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

anyone know how old that pond snider is and what fish are in it. If It was decent sized carp I might have to hit it. I used to drive past it all the time and I only live 5 minutes from it.

10. I have hit that pond three times now, and have pulled bass out of there everytime. (I live pretty close) They were all running about 12-13 inches, but I did see a monster cruising in the weeds. I wish I could have hooked him. One of the guys there did tell me he pulled 3.75 lb bass out of there and a 9 lb channel. It looks like it is getting fished harder and harder every day, so I am sure those fish will get conditioned soon enough.

11. They will definetly have hunting and fishing dept. as for when they will open iam not sure i worked in there a couple of weeks ago and they were all done. butttttt. the last day i was there they made about 10,000 in changes to the golf shop.

12. BMagill,

I have never fished that pond before, but one of the guys I work with has. He said that he has caught some decent channel cats and blue gill. Most of the bass that he catches are like what mcmd8700 said 12 & 13 inches.

13. About what I thought - I can consistently catch bass up to 12" there, but that seems to be where they top out. After more than 20 trips, there may be a few lunkers in there, but they're very few and very smart. Did see a giant channel there once.

14. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I live about 1 mile away from there as well. When is it going to open? This is going to be trouble.....a Dicks sporting Goods about 1 mile away and BPS about 15 minutes away........ I'm going broke... :D :D

Tee

15. I ran by it last night and still no sign, or any notice anywhere......

3.75 lb'r in snider pond i doubt it, but possible :confused:

the channel however is very possible i caught and weighed a 5lbr a year ago.

16. I've lived a 10th of a mile from the Irwin-Simpson/Snider Rd intersection for 14 years and the pond has been there as long as I've lived there.

Have taken the kids there a few times since it went from private residence to park. Caught some 1-3 lbs channel cats and a lot of small blue gills.

17. The bass I saw cruising in the weeds was big. I fish quite a bit for lmb, and the one I saw was in the 3 lb range. But everytime I drive by that pond, it looks packed. I think I may stay to fishing the smallies in the creeks as opposed to that pond.

18. Well, there is one less 10+lb catfish in that pond. I saw an older gentleman pull out the monster and proceed to go to his car with it. I was clear at the other side, and yelled at him that it was catch and release, but to no avail. He was gone before I could get close.

I did manage 3 bass. One was about 2lb, the others were small.