Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dick's in Mason to open Aug 8

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by finburger, Jul 21, 2004.

1. A while back there was a thread asking about the new Dick's Sporting Goods store opening up on Mason-Montgomery Rd. There was an ad in the paper today. The store is opening on Aug. 8th.
  2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

There goes what is left of my $$$. Bass Pro Shops is a 15 minute drive and Dick's is just down the road. I WILL be broke.......but Happy! :D

3. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Someone told me that Dicks is being bought out by a company that deals in primarily fishing and that at some point the stores are going to be more fishing oriented. Anyone heard this?
  4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Dicks bought out Galyans a couple months ago. I am sure of this as it was on the news.
  5. I might have great news for some of you. Since I work for the company that owns this center that Dicks is in I get some insider information and I might have some good info. Dicks is projected to open July 22 which would be tomorrow. We are checking into our information. I will update you later today when I find out for sure. Finburger what paper was that ad in?

6. They are open today. Go over there now and buy, buy, buy. Save some stuff for me though. I will be down this weekend.
  7. Gotravel

Gotravel Member

When you fellows get to shop the new Dicks, let us know what you think of them. Mike
  8. I hope this Dick's store is better than the one in Eastgate. This store sucks. Bass Pro is much better. But what we really need is a Cabela's store to come to Cincy. what are your thought's on this.

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Michigan is to far but worth the trip. I want the fishing manager position.
  10. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I would have just been happy if it was a galyans, but it is good to have a sporting goods place back in this part of town again. I used to go to Cincinnati/Jumbo Sports all the time for fishing stuff.
  11. JBJ

The news about Galyans being bought out by DSG is true. Never having been in one before, I have visited 2 of their stores since the news broke.

Not impressed...

I sure do hope they plan on integrating some of the good things Galyans has established over the years. They have built 5 2-story stores so far to try to copy the "look" of Galyans. Now all they need to do is pick up on what made us more popular with the hunting and fishing customers...

We will see how the integration goes. I'll do my best to keep everyone informed.
  12. Was there today....nice store, smaller than Tri-County (At least it seemed that way)
  13. I talked to the man in the fishign dept, he said they were missing alot of shipments from certain suppliers. If you go to the section with rappalas you will know what i mean.