close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dick's Grand Opening

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by crankus_maximus, Mar 12, 2005.

1. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I just got back from the Dick's Grand Opening event at the Sawmill store. There were a lot of people there, but most of them were not in the Fishing/Hunting section. Here are my impressions:

#1 - The layout is now completely different. Not a bad thing, just hard to get used to.

#2 - They did have an adequate supply of plastics, crankbaits and fishing line ( of course they have everything that I use and like). There was a lrge assortment of Zoom plasticcs; Bandit, Norman (Galyans did not have these) and Rapala crankbaits; and a good selection of P-line products.

#3 - I was not overly impressed with the rod selection. I really like the Galyans brand rods and there really isn't anything to fill that void right now.

#4 - The prices were comparable to what I paid before. However, the sale going on beat any prices I have paid this season. 25% off all lures. :p :p

#5 - Blaise was still there and we had a nice conversation. He stated that more inventory should be arriving, but wasn't sure of exactly what.

#6 - Other than the chat with Blaise I was not asked if I was finidng everything or if I needed any assistance in the 15-25 minutes I was in the section. Thats not a good sign. :(

Overall, I would have to say i was impressed. I thought that Dick's would founde rout of the gate. Not necessarily true. If they can maintain the inventory I may stop back and buy some more stuff. However, if the level of service falls off it won't make it worth stopping as I can buy most of the other stuff at either Gander, Cabelas or FFF. Blaise, good luck my friend.