Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to share this.

Went to Dicks in Beavercreek today, which by the way is the worst fishing store in the great state of Ohio, has been for a number of years.

Anyways I was looking for some baitfeers, the guy look straight at me & said "There are no such things as Spinning Reel w/ an option like that" Uhhh, Yea Okay. So i had to tell him there were hundreds of diff baitfeeders, baitrunners, etc.... He still thught I was nuts. It was beginging to tick me off, so I left the counter, & this was at the hunting/fishing lodge counter, went over to the big water rods & waht do you know a Okuma Baitfeeder Combo.

Now come on, I was the hunting & fishing manager @ All About Sports when I was 18 or 19 I know I made some mistakes, the one that jumps ut is when I gave a guy a box of .45colt for his .45 auto. But anyways, this guys was a major ahole about it.

What gives?

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,584 Posts
Unfortunately, they breed down here too. Hydrasport had an almost identical experience at Delta Marine down here today.

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
LOL.....clerks.....(i was one once)....

why just today I was at Lowes and I wanted some flourescent lights for seedlings.....i saw 2 brands out on the main aisle.....not what i wanted so i ask the lady:

"hey do you have any other kinds of flourescent lights besides those two"

"umm...................no..... sorry, thats all we have"

"ok, thanks"

then i walk over two aisles and lo and behold about 20 different kinds of flourescent light fixtures.

i think they just dont want to say "I dont know".

·
More Horsepower Raider!!
1,263 Posts
I dont really like that store to be honest. I've been in there 2 times since I've been here and dont really care to go back unless I need something I cant get at Meijers or Wally world. I'd rather make the 40 min drive to basspro :D You're more than welcome to ride down there with me next time I go.

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
whats the difference between a 45 colt and 45 auto? You got me scared I just bought a box of 45auto winchesters for my 45semi auto hi point.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your fine Jack.

.45 Colt is more of a Cowboy load, its a lot bigger than a .45Auto. The shells wouldnt even fit in the mag.

I once had a Ruger .45colt that had some hot loads, these loads kicked more than my .454!

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zfish,

Man, I cant beleve that I havent told you about Fishermans Quarters. They are on Keowee St in Dayton, about a 7 minute drive from your place. Take the Keowee exit off 75 after the ramp turn right, less than 1/4 mile down. Their phone number is 937-222-2224.

Its a real small place, but if you need it they will have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts