close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dicks, AKA Moron

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 7, 2004.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I just have to share this.

Went to Dicks in Beavercreek today, which by the way is the worst fishing store in the great state of Ohio, has been for a number of years.

Anyways I was looking for some baitfeers, the guy look straight at me & said "There are no such things as Spinning Reel w/ an option like that" Uhhh, Yea Okay. So i had to tell him there were hundreds of diff baitfeeders, baitrunners, etc.... He still thught I was nuts. It was beginging to tick me off, so I left the counter, & this was at the hunting/fishing lodge counter, went over to the big water rods & waht do you know a Okuma Baitfeeder Combo.

Now come on, I was the hunting & fishing manager @ All About Sports when I was 18 or 19 I know I made some mistakes, the one that jumps ut is when I gave a guy a box of .45colt for his .45 auto. But anyways, this guys was a major ahole about it.

What gives?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Unfortunately, they breed down here too. Hydrasport had an almost identical experience at Delta Marine down here today.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

LOL.....clerks.....(i was one once)....

why just today I was at Lowes and I wanted some flourescent lights for seedlings.....i saw 2 brands out on the main aisle.....not what i wanted so i ask the lady:

"hey do you have any other kinds of flourescent lights besides those two"

"umm...................no..... sorry, thats all we have"

"ok, thanks"

then i walk over two aisles and lo and behold about 20 different kinds of flourescent light fixtures.

i think they just dont want to say "I dont know".

4. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I dont really like that store to be honest. I've been in there 2 times since I've been here and dont really care to go back unless I need something I cant get at Meijers or Wally world. I'd rather make the 40 min drive to basspro :D You're more than welcome to ride down there with me next time I go.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

whats the difference between a 45 colt and 45 auto? You got me scared I just bought a box of 45auto winchesters for my 45semi auto hi point.

6. H2O Mellon

your fine Jack.

.45 Colt is more of a Cowboy load, its a lot bigger than a .45Auto. The shells wouldnt even fit in the mag.

I once had a Ruger .45colt that had some hot loads, these loads kicked more than my .454!

7. H2O Mellon

Zfish,

Man, I cant beleve that I havent told you about Fishermans Quarters. They are on Keowee St in Dayton, about a 7 minute drive from your place. Take the Keowee exit off 75 after the ramp turn right, less than 1/4 mile down. Their phone number is 937-222-2224.

Its a real small place, but if you need it they will have it.

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

H20 Hey thanks... We should head up there soon so I can check the place out :D