close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

diawa capricorn, st.croix triumph combo

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ezbite, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

dick's in niles is offering this combo for $119.00 it's a diawa capricorn 3500 and a 7' st.croix triumph graphite rod and reel combo. i got the 3500 and there are a few of them left. they also have the 2500 combos w/6'6" rod on sale for the same price too. i was looking at this reel about a month ago and they wanted around $120.00 for it. the rod is $70.00 at dick's and gander mtn. the guy at gander told me he doesn't think it's made in wisconsin like the basic st. croix rod is. probably china.lol..anyhow, about $70.00 less as a combo than seperate. i couldn't pass on it. i didn't notice until i took the photo, but this reel doesn't have the new air bale like other capricorns. humm, wonder if it's an older reel. guess i'll have to get a few 10lb walleye to really test it out:D

Attached Files:

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Nice Combo Tom. I saw those rods at dicks but might as well spend a little more and get the lifetime warrenty so I passed on it. With the reel that is a great buy.

3. ezbite

yea, it came with a 5 year. but hey, for 120 bucks. ill probably end up breaking it anyway.oops duh. snap:confused:

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Well heck 5 yrs that's sweet I though they were only 2 years. that's even a better deal. Diawa makes sweet reels. let us know how you like it.

5. I got one in the spring from dicks its the best spinning combo i have had.Had a great time fishing around the islands this spring/summer with it ,I put 10lb Fireline Crystle on it.Think I paid 139.00 for it but well worth it I.M.O.

6. ezbite

got to field test it tonight..sweet casting and retreving set up. just wish i could have got something to pull out that drag..used it for about 5 hours and my hand didn't fall asleep once. with my other set up is fell asleep alot. this one it nice and light.