close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Detroit Champions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BuckeyeAngler17, Jun 16, 2004.

1. That was a awsome game 5 to cap off the series. Now if only lebron and the cavs can pull one of those off in the future. That would be great.

2. The Pistons gave L.A. the !*#$@!!! slappin' beat-down they deserved for being handed the entry into the finals. GOOD!!! Shows how important playing as a TEAM is. I really don't like the Lakers. I used to really get into the NBA, but I see and hear things at work that turned me away from it...I used to shoot a lot of basketball hi-lites back at the Coliseum when the Cavs we much better than they are now, BUT, I think they have a great coach in Silas, and a good, solid nucleus up front, they need some veterans to make it work. The Cavs will be in the playoffs next year for sure.

Carl

3. yes it would buckeyeangler.......cant wait to see lebron in a championship someday.....but that was a blast for me to watch.....the only laker that i really like is shaq.......tony

4. I used to hate all the lakers exept Malone. But after this series I found a respect for Shaq you could tell he wanted that trophy more than anyone else on that team he definatly steped up as the leader because Kobe couldnt. I just cant wait till a new year of Nba, College football and another March.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have been a die hard laker fan since the early 70's..But they deserved to lose the pistons were the better team..I see several years of rebuilding for the Lakers.

6. catking

catking Banned

The first thing they need to do is trade Koby. The MVP on the Lakers is Shaq, always has been , always will be. Koby can't/won't accept this fact, and it shows. Detroit is the best team I can remember in YEARS because they are a TEAM. They actually play basketball the way it should be. Hard presses, quick passing, "take one for the team" attitude. LA has and never will have that. They were great, but it takes more than Shaq and Koby to win. They found this out. It takes team players, something they were short of this year. THE CATKING

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

You guys are right on. A TEAM of 5 (on court) will beat 5 individuals time and again. I havent watched basketball lately, except for this sereis, and the Pistons really impressed me. Gotta love those guys. That was some awesome basketball!

8. catking

catking Banned

I gave up on pro B-Ball for years. But this season, Detroit and Minnesota got me interested again. Kevin Garnet was the MVP of the league, no question, but Tim Ducan is a GREAT team player also. Hey, the owner of the Pistons is also the owner of the world champs and Stanley Cup holders Tampa Bay Lightning...........WOW !!! THE CATKING !!! :)

9. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i didn't get to watch every minute of each game but i saw enough to come to several conclusions.
    .detroit played much better "team" b-ball than LA
    .LA played like they were just going through the motions and that they had the series in the bag.
    .if that Walton kid is an nba caliber player,then i'm the pope!!!!!
    .Malone played with alot of heart(bad knee)
    .i still like the ncaa's much more than the nba. :)

10. I loved it! Detroit played the way basketball should be played. The handed the Lakers what they needed. A good old-fashioned but-whuppin. If the Pistons can stay together (keep Rasheed) then maybe the East will see a repeat champion.