Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to put my boat up for sale (buying bigger boat). What's the best way to determine an appropriate asking or sale price? I've looked at NADA but heard they can be too high or low. Searched boat trader but not many Lowes for sale.

Original owner with Titles
2008 Lowe Fishing Machine FM175DC walk through with 90hp Mercury Optimax
2006 Mercury 9.9 kicker (no tilt) with remote and controlking controller
Karavan Trailer with spare
60" Minn Kota Terrova 80 with ipilot, two batteries, 3 bank onboard charger
Humminbird GPS fishfinder, believe its a 788ci
8 titelok rod holders (2 triple pedestals, 2 singles)
Everything in good working condition, no major issues, shows some use

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
where are you buying the bigger boat at. If its a dealer, there is your first idea what the boat is worth. They are going to give you at least half (or more)of the retail value.
I will go out on a limb and say your boat is in the 5-6000. range.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm thinking the 8000 range depending on condition. Alot of people are trying to get in on the Erie walleye and boats like that seem to be selling on the higher side of thier worth over the last year.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
You can go on NADA Boats and enter all your info and get an estimate of what your boat would be worth on the market today. If you have some of the newer electronics or gear that’s not listed you can add the value to the estimate for selling purposes.

·
Bud n Burgers
2,497 Posts
I hope the Mods don't mind another site being named (there is no "competition" with them) but if you look at Walleye Central's boat classified adds you will undoubtedly find boats for sale very similar to yours and be able to get a feel for what the market is allowing. There is always a load of boats in their classifieds and they move pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I plan to get pics when I get to it. Will search WC too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Most people seem to ask considerably more than "the Book" price(esp on here)! Seems to be a price based more on their "emotional attachment value" than realistic selling price, although that gives them plenty of room to move "downward".

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Assuming in good shape, Im thinking more like 8k and maybe 10 if its in really good shape, That TM and Electronics worth about 2k by itself , that's a closer market then the NADA trade in value. ( NADA is always low in my opinion) Plus there is a strong market for a boat like that in southern Ohio at least and that will help you sell it. If you are on Lake Erie, the market for that size boat is pretty soft and youll have to give it away. Good Luck on the sale.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Wow, I'm very surprised NADA is that high. Usually/typically much lower, doesn't account for the Terrova either! I need to check my boat there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts