close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

desperately seeking.....

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Jan 18, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

any fish-able water for carp.... january is about over.. i need to catch my january fish... any ideas on where to go?? all my options have been explored and no such luck with this kind of weather...
    come on dooods... gimme some clues...

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

find a lake that isn't a flood control lake (that is if it isn't frozen) and fish a cove.

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Moving water buddy :) Find a dam :D

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

If you want Saugeye, shout ;) I'm going to give that a whirl tomorrow morning if it isn't too darn cold out. Today was out of the question. LOL.

5. fish the river that is between you and me. the height looks pretty good this morning.

6. crappielooker

funny you should mention that..i was watchin the news yesterday, and the crew setup right by cosi with the shot of the river in the background.. i swear i saw carp swirled up right in front of my eyes.. its either that or i'm seein stuff... :confused: :rolleyes:

7. I think your hallucinating CL!!

8. crappielooker

tornichio.. thanks for reminding me to look over the bridge..lol.. i might get out there and chum a little tonight.. too bad they still closed off the driveway down there.. i'll have to be fishing in the open instead of in my van..lol..
    bill... i was trying to tell myself that same thing..but i didn't listen.. :D

9. crappielooker

gave it a whirl for a couple hours today.. tried it by cosi but my sinker just kept rolling down the river.. i finally settled with the pickle ramp lot..as it was open water and hardly any fast currents..
    not a dang bite except a few blips from my alarm, i told myself it was line bites.. :)
    heading to cinci in the morning to BS with rodman..then the show on saturday..
    10 more days for me to catch my january fish.. maybe alum god can answer my prayers with a 40++lbs.. :p

Attached Files:

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Hey Ak I caught several carp yesterday.

3 Grass carp and a common.

Caught them all in a net, while releasing them from being captured in a seine :D