close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Depthfinder Question

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jaredj, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Do depth finders usally make a noise at the transducer? Sounds like a clicking noise. Thnaks

2. Yes. It's particularly noticeable with an aluminum boat.

3. Hi all, On my new depth finder I don't get any archs that resemble fish. Also when the boat is out of the water the depth says 7.5-7.6 feet. Any ideas on either of these? The finder is a Lowrance LMS 335CDF. Thanks all

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

you need to spend more money and get a more expensive one. Ha Ha!! hope you find your answers.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Clicking is normal...I never noticed it until I got my stratos and had a new Garmin 240 put on...sucker clicks so loud, I thought it was my battery arcing. BigDawg was at the ramp with me, and we were freaked out a bit! I even called my dealer with the stupid question of "hey...will that scare fish" he's like "do you think that makes as much noise in the water as your trolling motor" :D

Arches...based on what I know (thanks to Lundy), conditions need to be completely optimal (which is RARE) for you to see arches as fish. Since youre constantly moving, you wont see them. You need to be 100% still, and so do the fish below you to see arches. Normally, they show up as blobs or dots when you are moving over them. Kim had a great post on here a while back detailing this...I'll see if I can't dig it up.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Does that matter much, or are you parking lot fishing for geese :D

7. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Jump off your boat and listen to that thing underwater.
    I can hear the transducer from about 50' away when I take a break and take a swim on a hot summer day.