Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thank you for the helpful info you guys post to help everyone out. Was wondering if the combo depthfinders were worth the money in the $400-$500 range or if it was better to spend the extra money on a different model and where is the best place to inquire on them. Thank You.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Check out the electronics forum. Might find some helpful info there. Sent ya a PM.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hummingbird 788i (?) and Garmin 530S have nice gps/finder combos at a little above $600 that I'm hoping Santa will bring me for Christmas.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i have a humminbird 787 combo and found a real nice deal on ebay at bayshore marine. no tax either. hopefully there are not any irs agents watching this post

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Spending more money on a sonar/GPS won't put more fish in the boat.

I'd rather spend a little more money on the tackle that has a direct link to the fish (rods, reels, line, and terminal tackle), than on electronics. I already know that Lake Erie is pretty much a featureless lake, for the most part. As long as my sonar keeps contact with the bottom, and marks fish, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a hummingbird 363. Love it for the cheaper price. I shopped on Nextag.com (price compairson) and it took me a little while to find a nicer lower price with free shipping. If you dont mind the small screen its has been worth all that i paid for it. I got it for aroun 280$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts