Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June 23, 2004 (Wednesday) Mayflies are of great interest this time of year, they should be at their peak about now. If you are interested in some good reading about them go to the following link, which is Ohio Sea Grants discussion site and scroll down looking for threads about mayflies.

http://www.sg.ohio-state.edu/discus/ then click on discussion board. This is one of my favorite sites, these folks know of what they speak.

Most folks out walleye fishing today are out between Middle and West Sister Islands; we got our four limits by 2pm after a slow start. We ran up to Northwest Reef first but the water was very muddy so we ran on west to due south of Middle Sister around the 48/00 lines. The walleye were 17 to 23 inches and come from 18 feet to the bottom, which was around 32 feet. Jet 30s back 40 to 50 feet, #1 dipsy back 30 feet and #3 dipsy back 40 feet. Spoons with red seemed to be best today; we did well with dog/cat and superman spoons.

The 4PM temperature is 69 degrees, wind is out of the at 6 to 8 knots, waves are calm and the water temperature is 69 degrees

·
Registered
28 Posts
Denied ! good to see ya here. I frequent your web site. I sure wish you would fish the central basin though! Nice reports and fantastic tips!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts