Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carp53.65
4,188 Posts
Move on to a different body of water. The place is bunk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would first go to the ODNR website and get a topographical map of the reservoir then you will be able to see the fish attractors placed around the perimeter in various locations. These are just piles of large boulders that reach into the deeper water in a triangle shape. On a calm day you should be able to spot these with a good pair of polarized sunglasses. I fish from a boat but I have fished from shore on occasion. I find that very early morning or evening are best, l prefer it to be dark although this can be dangerous with all those boulders to climb over. If in the light a slight breeze is preferable since this water is gin clear. I have caught bass casting parallel to the shore with crank baits, topwater, swimbaits and soft plastic craws or worms. It can be a lot of work there without a boat but persistence pays off, it is also tricky because of the clear water stick with natural colors for your lures and I use fluorocarbon line or at least a fluoro leader. Also there are plenty of bass to be had out from the boat launch dock very early or late soft plastics work well in this area. I have noticed they have been finicky lately on the soft plastics did not want to take it completely, tried some powerbait soft craws and that improved the catch rate.
Plenty of gills to be had also, I don't fish for them often but have had luck using a small 1/32cnd or 1/16th ounce jig with the small plastic creature baits and powerbaits on an ultralight setup around those rockpiles.
Hope this helps also they do stock trout in here in the spring once again a lot easier from a boat.

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
I caught plenty of carp from the bank of the lower Delta reservoir... Just chum out a few handfuls of sweet corn and hook a few kernels on the hook, and cast out...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts