Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my daughter out to deleware today to look around. The park is still inaccessible, the part by the dam is fine of course, but the water is still wayyyyy up. There were quite a few people fishing behind the dam but the 30 minutes we spent there, we didn't see anyone catch a thing. Looks pretty nasty out there right now.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Were they letting anything our of the lake? I would imagine the spillway is blown out if they were, but just wanted to see if the gates were open yet....

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really. Just running from bottom still. It's rolling pretty good though, from the dam you can't even see the docks or boat ramp or the park area across the way lol it's all under water. The main entrance is flooded out as well just off the highway.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,253 Posts
Were they letting anything our of the lake? I would imagine the spillway is blown out if they were, but just wanted to see if the gates were open yet....

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{
Uh, yeah, they are releasing water at 4400 cfs. That's pretty close to maxed out for that dam I am guessing. This morning the US Army Corps of Engineers website showed it was still 24 feet above normal summer pool. I caught a bunch of crappie today off the beach area. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh, yeah, they are releasing water at 4400 cfs. That's pretty close to maxed out for that dam I am guessing. This morning the US Army Corps of Engineers website showed it was still 24 feet above normal summer pool. I caught a bunch of crappie today off the beach area. :D
Crazy, it really didn't look that bad when I was back there. It was flowing decent but nothing major. Flowing faster than I would want to fish in though. I saw a lot of cars stopped before that dip where all the water was, did you have any problems getting through?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.