close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deleware Ramps (Afraid to ask)

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wojobass, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Has anyone seen the conditions at Deleware? Water level? Ramps open or closed?

My guess is water so high at the big ramp that people have to swim out to their boats docked in the marina. Ramps closed and 5 bazillion logs floating all over the lake.

Say it isn't so....

2. I hear the water was up over the docks and the ramps, and that closed them to launching. But I'm going to check this site in the last post.

3. Apparently, itis 13 foot over to allow launching from the ramps. Scary stuff! Will it ever stop raining?

4. I read on ODNR website yesterday that Delaware Lake has an unlimited horsepower rating? I thought it was limited to 10. Was their site wrong or did it change? I would love to use it but 70 hp is more than I thought I could use.

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Delaware is unlimited horsepower so you will have no problem except getting to the lake . :(

6. Thank you for response. I'm sure that someday it will stop raining & the water will drop to usable level!!

7. Hydra is precisely right, Delaware is unlimited HP like Alum and so on. But I think they have some rule that requires no wake within a 100 yards of shore, and since it is a narrow lake to begin with, it is difficult to open up there very much. I'm not sure but ask around. And I'm not sure how strict the park officers are at enforcing that rule either.

8. no, you can run wide open. However, there is a great big no-wake section in the northern portion of the lake.

9. Krow

Krow

Water is over the road leading to the Horseshoe Rd ramp.......

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Delaware is about 18 feet over summer pool right now...sounds like the surrounding areas look like the everglades.

11. now i understand why my lender required my customer to carry flood insurance. He lives on horseshoe rd!

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

18+ :eek:
    shooting range is prob. hurting.

13. Krow

Krow

shooting range is about 5 ft under...

14. mattjohnston

mattjohnston Senior Member

The bathroom at the Marina launch is completely submerged. Our club had to relocate our tourney this weekend.

15. Club had a fishing derby for kids on the 19th...Ramps were still closed, and boats and PWC's were directed to Alum where the water is only 1.5 foot above summer pool. Probably a result of massive water pumped over the dam. Delaware is about 14 over summer pool still.

Eric

16. I made the trip to Delaware this morning. It's still about 10' over normal pool. All ramps are closed.

LoweBoat