close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

deleting temp internet files....problem

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Alwsfishin, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

When ever I think of it I manually delete these files....there is quite of these files that cannot be deleted.....I don't recall this ever being the case.....and lately my anti-virus is giving popup warnings about a certain virus it has quaranteened....these files it mentions are always in the C:document/temporaryinternet/files....yet if you bring the link up it will show you what it is....any suggestions??.........

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Try clicking tools >internet options>Delete files. Then>okay Now hit Settings>View Files...if there's stil some in it, hit edit>select all>delete... If they are still there, hightlight them individually & delete.

3. Alwsfishin

Oddly enough.........I've tried all that even tried dragging them to the recycle bin....an error says cannot delete not enough info from the source file....thanks for the reply !!

4. mrfishohio

5. Try starting your pc in safe mode. You do this by restarting your pc and while it is restarting, keep hitting "F8" until it comes to a screen that gives you a few option and "safe mode" being one of them. Choose "safe mode". The screen will go funny on you, don't worry about this. After it is done, you can login under admin if you have the password (if it is set). Once there, go and delete these files you are talking about. Then after you delete them from your pc, just restart again and don't hit "F8". That should take care of your problem. Do you have "Spybot Search and Destroy"? Or how about "Spyblaster"? These are both free programs you can download to help keep your pc safe. One deletes adware and spyware when you run it, and the other stops websites from installing "Active X controls" on your pc without your permission. You really only have to worry about "Active X controls" if you are using Internet Explorer. Which is the browser most people (including me) use to surf the web.

6. Alwsfishin

thanks fellas.........I believe I've got it licked.....much appreciated.

7. mrfishohio

So, what worked for you ??