Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went night fishing last night at Delco Park in Kettering, it was pretty hot and muggy but the fish were biting! Caught a nice Channel Cat(thought it was a blue) and a beast of Largemouth Bass fishing bottom with my garlic cherry bomb hotdogs! Stoked.

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks like a blue to me. What do I know...

EDIT: I did a little research and it's in fact a Channel. Something to with the shape of the analfin...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice Channel! That largemouth is a hog!:B

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that's the first largemouth bass I ever caught!

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
BigBadCatHunter
41 Posts
Sir nice haul over at Delco. We've been out there fishing for cats with night crawlers and livers. No luck. Used rubber worms, crank bait and wax worms for bass. No luck. Can you share your garlic recipe and rigging technique? Thanks. Terry

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Terry, take 1 package of John Morrell hotdogs,(the fish seem to like those the best) cut them into sections big enough to cover a #6 treble, put the dogs in a ziplock, take 2 packs of cherry KoolAid mix and dump those in there. Mix it up in the baggy. Then put alot of cheap garlic powder the mix. Boom.

Works as good if not better than livers. Plus the KoolAid toughens up the dogs a bit. I think I'll try some Curry powder next...

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was around 1:30am, fishing bottom/slip sinker rig. Don't really know how deep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts