close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Delaware State park ponds

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by basshateme01, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Been looking pretty hard to find some new ponds to fish after I get home from school but having a hard time. My dad said that there's a bunch of ponds somewhere around Delaware lake. He never fished them and I was wonderin of it would be worth it to drive there. Im from grove city and it would be about an hour drive.

Also if any of you guys know of any good ponds within about an hour of grove city that I could fish it would be appriciated Thanks a bunch

2. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

My uncle used to take me through Delaware's ponds all the time. The fishing was hit or miss usually, but there are some hawgs in some of the ponds if you get them to bite. They prolly wont touch a crank or jerk bait, and more than likely will have to be taken from the bottom reeling extremely slow.

Check your PM....if you want to come up and try out a pond or 2 that I fish, let me know.
    Rob

3. just how many ponds are there?

4. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I used to fish those ponds a lot years ago. We had pretty good luck. Some are very remote. I have an old map that shows the ponds. I recently scanned it to make a copy for a guy I work with. I'll look for the disk and if you like I'll make another for you. It is really helpful. Some of these ponds are right off 229 and are easy to find. I think there are 30 or 40 of them.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Basshateme01 here is a map i don't know if it shows every pond but it shows 50pond or so. Its a pdf file so you will need to have adobe reader on your computer. this link goes to the odnr site if you go on there site and instead of going to lake maps pick wildlife and then delaware wildlife area.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/pdf/pub107.pdf