Delaware Slabs 5-10-08

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crittergitter, May 10, 2008.

1. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I was going to do some river fishing today for bass, but the rain ruined those plans. So, I got up this morning and headed to Delaware. Since we had all that rain I headed for the lower end of the lake and found a good tree that produced steady action for most of the morning. Most fish came on a 1/32 oz tube jib in black/charteruese. I ended up catching about 18 keeper sized crappies and brought home 8 nice ones. I turned loose 2 big females that were 12", but I didn't get a fish O. I had one get off about half way in that I would sure like to have gotten a good look at, but that's the way it goes.

[​IMG]

CG

2. Nice pic CG! Right now I'd trade a bodily organ or two for that sort of stringer. Last Tuesday I caught about 3 that size on the Scioto right in downtown Columbus below the 315 bridge just upstream from the confluence restaurant. I was using a 1/8 oz., white, split-tailed jig with yellow "crappie nibbles" dressed on the hook. I was in C/R mode because I hadn't had any luck earlier. Keeping and cleaning only three ain't worth the effort, but a batch like yours sure is! Do you fish from a boat, or the bank? I've found bank-fishing awfully difficult simply because it's a lot of traveling between fish-holding cover when they're not in "feeding-frenzy" mode. Again, nice stringer and pic!

3. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I was wading yesterday. I do have a canoe, but the battery for the electric motor wasn't charged and I was by myself.

CG

4. Great job Kyle good looking healthy Delaware Slabs. Would loved to hve had all those last saturday. Good Job i am dying to get out one of these days. :)

5. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu